Tuesday we took Saige for her echocardiogram. To say it was not fun, is a huge understatement. She had the biggest, longest fit over the sticker things they wanted to put on her chest. She immediately shot up off the table, as soon as the girl peeled it back to put it on. She screamed, she cried hysterically, I think everyone in the hospital heard her. I doubt they have noise like that coming from labor and delivery let alone one little girl. I do have the loudest two children in the world.
They said if she didn't calm down we would have to reschedule. I was NOT going to reschedule. It will be a couple weeks before we hear back anyway. Rob took the day off of work and I didn't babysit. It was a 45 minute drive. Rob asked if they could just strap her down, they said no she has to be calm. Reassuring her wasn't working, and well some things in life just have to be done like it or not. A guy put the stickers on her back while she was standing and screaming, she ripped them off. They finally said they would do it without the stickers. Too late she was already hysterical. I held her down and told the girl to start so she could see it didn't hurt and we could move on. She was hesitant but she did it. I told Saige as long as she kept fighting it would never end, I was out of patience.
That seemed to work and she calmed down. 5 minutes later it was over. It only took 45 to calm her down. By the time we got to the parking lot my little angel was back asking for ice cream.

2 comments:
I don't know what it is, the things that should be so simple become the biggest problems. But at least it's over and done with and soon you'll hear the results and be able to relax again.
Poor girl, what was it for if you don't mind me asking?
Post a Comment