Tuesday, May 6, 2008

the big kid park



Sunday we went to Robin's, she lives right next to an elementary school, AND she has sidewalks, lol. We don't have those here, it's just the edge of the 55 mile an hour highway- so we we don't ride at home, it was a great chance for Saige to get a chance to ride her new bike. I had to keep giving her push as we went up the sidewalk, her tricycle she can pedal forward or backwards, on the big girl bike pedaling backwards brakes. She braked A LOT. We made it to the "big kid park" that's what she kept calling it and telling me because it was too big for baby brother and that's why he couldn't come. Most of it was too big for her too, but she had fun on the slides and the little rock climbing wall. I thought the cool swing was fun, mostly because I fit in it, too, lol.


Then she saw a little girl riding a strawberry shortcake bike and immediately wanted to ride her bike around the parking lot with her new 6 year old friend with battle wounds from falling off her bike. All of a sudden she could ride all by herself and took off following and talking to this little girl for a good 15-20 minutes non-stop. It was nice to see her talk with someone who has as much to say as does, lol. Saige fell off her bike once but got right back on without a word and listened as the girl told her all about EVERY time she has EVER fallen off her bike, while she followed in circles asking questions, lol.

Then Robby and Rylan drove the 25 feet over to pick us up to go home. I told Saige to say good bye and ride to the car. The little monster took off! She kept right on pedaling, I chased after her and told her to get back to the car, she went to the car and kept going in the opposite direction. She is growing an attitude way too fast.

Notice below, her looking one way and the bike going the other. She pays attention as well as her daddy. I don't even let her see me when she is riding her jeep around the yard, because if she does she just looks at me to see if I am paying attention then where she is going. It makes me nervous, lol, so I watch from the window and she does fine.
I swear the old barbie jeep is faster than it's suppose to be.
I can't prove it but knowing Robby it probably is.
He swears it's not but I still wouldn't put it past him. Either way that jeep cruises pretty fast and she rides it in giant circles around the yard, all day long. The battery never seems to die either, hmm. Only further convinces me that Robby has done something to "pump" it up a little. I married a redneck, lol. The other day I went out and caught the baby in the wagon hitched to her jeep and she was pulling him all around the yard. Then I had to explain WHY this was NOT a good idea. I also had to explain why it is not a good idea to let him ride in the jeep-with Saige, where there is no seatbelt for him. I can't take my eyes off any of them even for a minute.





2 comments:

Tristin Choi said...

I have missed soo many entries! Happy birthday Tara! happy birthday Saige!! Its amazing how quickly they grow, huh! The bike story is soo cute. Saige is adorable - wish I could borrow her for a few days so she could play with Tristin. she would be a good big sis!!

Anonymous said...

Your baby girl is getting to big,
i love how quickly they can pick things up when they have a reason to.
Looks like the bike was a big hit though