Last Friday my mother took BOTH my kids for the night. I had 24 full hours to myself without having to take care of anyone, well mostly, she didn't take Rob, lol. It was nice, I missed them but it was nice to miss them both at the same time. I would love to be able to say I did something constructive but... I did the opposite. RJ needed a ride to go get his bike in Brewerton, when I dropped him off I had this brilliant idea that Brewterton was the other side of the lake (Oneida) and since I was headed to Rome and the roads all connected I should just keep going as opposed to turning around and coming back home THEN going to Rome it couldn't be much farther right?
I was wrong. Very, very wrong. I was much much farther away than I thought. I drove and drove, wasted gas and an entire afternoon, it was after 8 by the time I made it to Rome did some errands and got home. I can now attest that Oneida lake is just as gross and stinky on the other side. In fact the entire town of Constantia stunk unbelievably. Maybe not the whole town but I was gagging going 30 and I couldn't get away fast enough. When we were in high school, RJ and I use to walk since we lived less than a 1/2 mile down the road. If we rode the bus we were the first stop and then had a 45 min ride to get to the school we could walk to in 5 minutes. One May someone hit a deer and the town left it to rot in the field between the school and home. The smell was too much and we rode the bus for the rest of the school year. It was the same smell. I'm sure the whole town doesn't always smell and my sense of smell has greatly increased since I quit smoking but I am in no hurry to ever go back through there again. LOL
Rylan is everywhere... and fast. He walks behind his push toys, and has started cruising around the furniture. His crawling is mostly on his hands and feet. He doesn't hold still for a half a second. Changing his diaper is nearly in impossible, I have to wrestle him and he screams bloody murder at being forced to hold still for 7 tenths of a second. I dread poopy diapers because I have to wrestle and pin him down so I am not scrubbing everything. I bet my neighbors think we are torturing him. As long as he is getting his way and his teeth aren't hurting to badly he is a happy baby, but he is stubborn as all hell. His top teeth are coming in and he is not a happy baby ;( and that means he hasn't been sleeping.... again :( We are all tired. Hopefully it will be over soon, I gave him some Tylenol earlier and he was much happier, poor little guy. Hylands teething tablets seem to have NO effect on him what so ever. Tons of moms swear by them but Rylan doesn't, lol. He is 19 lbs 5 oz as of yesterday at his 9 month checkup.
Saige is 36 lbs and 39 inches, she had her 4 year checkup. This was their first visit with their new doctor. She heard a heart murmur on Saige and wants her to have an ECHO? (Ultrasound of her heart). She says it's just to be extra careful and not to worry. Why is it the very words don't worry, make you worry? I guess I am not that worried, a little but I have one and as far as I know it's not a huge deal. I know it meant I had to take an over abundance of antibiotics anytime I needed to see a dentist and being born with bad teeth genes I became immune to them over the years. Every time I need them, I have to have something stronger. Saige is excited, she remembers the ultrasound is how we saw her brother and wants to see inside her too, lol. She piped up as soon as the doctor asked if I minded her having one that she wants to see her next brother in her. I wont even start on what is wrong with that statement, lol.
Saige told me today she doesn't want to go school anymore, I told her she will have to wear shoes in order to go. She hates wearing shoes... they have to come off the second she gets in the door- socks too. She drives me nuts taking them off and putting them on a zillion times day. Playing on her jump house thingy she wants me to put them on and off five times as often. The thought of wearing them for four hours straight while at school is apparently going to take some getting use to for her.

1 comments:
Tara, check out http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003266.htm It's the heart murmur page of the .gov health encyclopedia. It has links to the echocardiogram page, too, so you can see what to expect at that visit. You're probably right that it's nothing, but I always like to have a little info so I know what questions to ask.
Post a Comment