Friday, May 16, 2008

(almost) the worst day ever



First off, sorry to anyone who read my post from this morning that disappeared. It was about having my dog put to sleep... I didn't do it, and I am happy to say the old man is still kicking around. My mom and Rob were pushing me into doing it and I just couldn't. I know sooner or later I will probably have to, but for now I will just hope he dies peacefully in his sleep one of these nights. The vet came to do it... and left. He is having a good day, he's been walking more than usual and I figure as long as he can eat, drink, walk, and goes outside to go to the bathroom he is good to go. I think when it's time I will know it, today did NOT feel like the right time. Seeing him tonight I am SO glad I didn't let them guilt me into it.

I was so upset, I didn't sleep at all last night, I couldn't stop crying, lol, and I don't cry. He's my baby, I got him when I was 13, I turned 28 Wed. We've been through a lot together and if I could I would go back and do it all over again in a heartbeat. I would go as far as to say I think the damn dog saved me a few times over. It's hard to see him so old, he's losing muscle and he looks frail but he's still got some life left. So for now I wont be thinking about it, I'm just going to enjoy whatever time he has left.

After the vet left the day greatly improved, until my dvr died. It says it has a corrupted hard drive. I had two weeks worth of stuff recorded and it's GONE. I am NOT happy. I didn't watch House yet, and there were a lot of season finales on there. So I called dish network. again. I got a guy named Dave. Dave wasn't speaking English all to clearly and he was pissing me off. I had to shut the receiver off and unplug it, I told him that I did that BEFORE I called, this is like the 20th time, I knew what to expect. He insisted that I do it again. Guess what? it didn't work. So I asked Dave (full well knowing he wasn't in the US) if he was in America? He says I'm in India. How is some thick accented guy in India going to help me with my dvr here in NY? I told him that when I signed up the woman on the phone spoke perfect English, yet haven't spoken to another person through them that does since.

I kinda feel bad for Dave, obviously he is just doing his job. I have nothing against people in India, or any where else. I do have a problem with outsourcing jobs, but that falls on the company trying to save a buck, not poor Dave. It's not his fault dish network and everyone else has decided to take the jobs servicing American customers- out of America. Why not? who wants to pay a decent wage and health insurance to people HERE. At least they could go somewhere that the people are understood. Finally I got passed to a woman in Colorado. Woohooo! I asked how long and how many jobs they outsource... she wouldn't answer me other than to say there are "a few service centers" here in the US. I wanted to know how many are a few? Is it just the ones that sign up new customers and plead with the pissed off ones to stay? She said she didn't know for sure, I bet I do, the two departments I just listed.

So onto this woman- I tell her I have had enough, I would rather not have any tv then to have to keep dealing with this bs monthly. So she started her spiel... she offered me a new HD box at no charge (for the box... apparently there is a monthly fee) I told her I don't have an HD tv. She says that's okay it will work with a regular tv. So I say... I don't have an HD tv, yet your solution is to send me something that raises my monthly bill for a service I can't use? no thanks, cancel me.

She say we have more options. I can get two different dvr receivers instead of the dual one. I said sure, we have had nothing but problems, this is the THIRD dual box. Then she put me on hold for 20 minutes to came back and say sorry they no longer offer single dvr boxes, but I can still get two and use my vcr to record. Obviously she was too stupid to understand the ENTIRE reason I have dish network is for the DVR. Why would she, I only told her that 4 or 5 times. If I wanted to use my vcr I would break out the rabbit ears and save a bundle every month.

I am still trying to figure out if they only hire idiots or if I am just so lucky that I get one EVERY TIME I call. In the end they agreed to give me a free month and a NEW dual box. When I said that I was sick of getting new boxes and being stuck without service for a week she told me the first three boxes were all refurbished. GGGGRRRRRRRRR If I could have reached through the phone I probably would have killed her. I had three kids running around so I had to refrain from telling them what I really thought. I'm pretty sure my sarcasm went right over her head, in fact I think almost everything went right over her head. I have no idea what she looked like, but I bet a few blonde jokes were written with her in mind. Nothing sets me off quite like dish network, except maybe the insurance company but that's another story.

So almost an hour later she tells me the new box will here in 5 business days, and wanted to know if I wanted free installation for my troubles. I told her I would prefer a carpet. Two years ago Rob and I installed a brand new almost white carpet in our living room. The next day the dish network guys came, wandered all around outside, taking no notice of the mud. They refused to take off their shoes and wouldn't wear booties. To say I was livid is an understatement. Not only did they permanently stain my brand new carpet down here, but upstairs as well, they dented and scratched my dresser and left mud everywhere. I told her there was no way in hell that anyone from there was ever again making it past my front door without me shooting them first. We will do it ourselves. In fairness the carpet didn't last that long anyone and we replaced it with laminate but still...... even Rob was mad and he doesn't get mad about anything.

This is it... I know I said that last time, but I really mean it this time. It can't be good for my blood pressure, I can feel what little patience I have slip away as the phone rings to them. I would rather have two root canals than to waste another hour of my life on the phone with them. Next time it ALL goes back and I will watch my tv online. I should have just done that anyway.

On a final note and my personal favorite I went to the doctors for this weird rash on my legs and I have poison ivy. I am extremely sensitive and allergic to all that stuff. He says he thinks I got it from laundry, that someone else (Rob or Saige.... not to mention any names, lol) got into it and I got it from touching their clothes or washing mine with theirs. If I had actually touched it, it would be far worse. It's not so bad during the day, but at night I want to saw my legs off they itch so bad. I scratch them in my sleep and they bleed all over, my sheets are about ruined and I am out of peroxide :( Hopefully with the steroids (that with three little ones, I didn't get filled tonight) will have me better tomorrow or at least stop the itching.

I guess I should be thankful, I do know that it could be worse, it's only my legs. I remember when I was 12 or 13 I got poison oak all over. It turned into huge blisters, actually more like one huge blister and took FOREVER to go away. I spent the summer in a chair covered in bandages watching everyone else swim while I waited for my skin to grow back, it sucked, lol.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Oh Tara, I feel your pain. I'm so glad that your vet supported you, though. At least one thing went right today.

mckait said...

Well... I guess it is better for the dvr to die than the dog... and I am with you... you will know when and if the time comes. As for the problem with customer support... I do feel your pain... hope your new box comes soon.

Anonymous said...

Thats great your dog is still with you, you are listening to your instints and thats what matter.

Sorry about the DVR, are all the shows lost for good then? Stupid technology