Rylan had his 1 year well child visit today. He is 20lbs 8oz which is around the 15th percentile. He is 31 inches which is in the 90th percentile. We are all short, we have no idea where he gets this from, but no doubt he will even out as time goes on. I already forgot how big his head is, not that anyone cares anyway, lol, but it is the 50th percentile. Afterwards he had to go get his blood drawn for his lead test (hopefully the ONLY one until next year, I'm praying anyway) and that about sent him over the edge, now he is sleeping it off. All that screaming must have worn him out, it's been an hour and half without so much as a peep and that is rare for him.
I was able to check yes to everything on the checklists. Well I put no for helping dress himself but Dr. B said I should give him credit since he tries to out on shoes. his refusal to help dress is more out of his stubbornness and need to fight than him not knowing how.
She (his doc) says his molars are coming in, she managed to sneak a peek while he was having a fit. I tried to feel around last week and I got bit so I have pretty much avoided his mouth since the top teeth came in. Saige on the other hand has been but repeatedly but apparently still hasn't caught on that sticking her finger in his mouth is a bad idea. I'm not sure what she expects but she asks for it. She does it in the car and then cries that he bit her. They are both in car seats... he can't reach her UNLESS she sticks her hand in front of his face. I do hope they teach common sense in Pre-K cause sometimes I worry.
He has dermatitis, it just appeared out of nowhere on his back last weekend. I thought it was a heat rash but it didn't go away and it's spreading around to his chest. We aren't going to treat it, I want to avoid steroids unless absolutely necessary. The dr says it's harmless and as long as he isn't itching that Aveeno baby would be just fine. It bothers me more than him, because it feels weird. Poor little guy has zits too, just a couple and they disappear pretty quick but he keeps getting more, all on teh side of his cheeck. I think it's from sweating and sleeping on the side of his face.
Oh and in case I haven't mentioned it before.... he has hair!!!! FINALLY He has a bit in the back and it's getting longer and thicker and he is slooooooowly getting more on the top. It is very blond, almost transparent so he still looks bald from a distance.
He is walking more and more, I have to get video of him crawling before he stops completely so you can all see him travel. His style gets a lot of comments. He is slowly adding words here and there, he now says "uh oh" and "how' for House (our guinea pig) and "A-O" for hello while holding the phone (or a remote, shoe, stick or anything else) to his ear. I am finally being called Ma.... but then again so is Robby. He understands ma and da if one of us or Saige says it but....

1 comments:
He sounds so big to me. Quinn just move up to the fifth percentile in weight. He had been at the third and his pediatrician kept trying to give me advice about what to feed him. Good advice, but useless. He eats ONLY what he decides will be allowed. All else is thrown or spat or smushed in disgust.
I hope the lead test comes back OK. I know Saige had some exposure and Zoe did too (from renovations on the house). Lead is scary!
Post a Comment