Monday, July 14, 2008

Magical Monday Mail

My mailman brought me a 47 dollar Rite Aid rebate check (and I still have more coming from them for June) and a 36 dollar Survey Spot check. I was expecting both, but not for a while, plus I got a huge envelope of coupons. I never get good mail on a Monday! Hopefully it's a sign of the week to come. I was sure ready for ready for some good things.

Saturday night my mom took BOTH kids, Rob had the night off so we.......

ready for this?

We did nothing and went to bed early, lol, it was nice. Since we went to sleep early so we didn't sleep in, instead we got up and slowly drank a pot of coffee without anyone yelling, crying, whining, or needing anything before we went and picked up reality. I think I should be entitled to one of those mornings every couple months or so.

Last night we went to the drive-in and saw Hancock (I actually liked it, I liked Iron Man too, and I don't particularly like those kinds of movies). As I'm sure you know, the drive-in is the best deal in town, 2 movies 7 bucks and you can wear your pj's. The second movie was You Don't Mess with the Zohan. It was stupid. Funny, but stupid. It was like Borat, Adam Sandler style. There was one scene in a kids salon with a kid that had me spitting soda out my nose, so I guess that one scene made it worth it.

Is it possible that Rylan magically became more fun when he turned one? As fas as he goes it's been a pretty great week, he's been relatively less whiny, and more playful and fun. He loves to show off his words, his favorite and best being ball. He is still not walking but he stands up and threatens. He did take an unassisted step a couple of times going from the couch to a toy- but he didn't seem to notice, at least not enough to get up and try it again, that was 4 days ago, lol.

The giant, half dead dangerous tree in the backyard is coming down tomorrow- there will be guys doing loud things outside my window at 7 am.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Since we went to sleep early" Uh-huh. No kids in the house. Went to bed early. Don't go sugar coating it and saying you went to SLEEP early. We're all adults here and juicy details are perfectly fine. hehe

Congrats on some alone time.

Tara said...

LMAO if only..... nope I really meant sleep.

Anonymous said...

A weekend of sounds heavingly , hope its a new turning point for Rylan