Friday, July 11, 2008

Dish Network disappoints again

It's still not over. It has been over the 10 business days promised for my refund back form Dish Network, so I had to call today :( I really hoped I was done, 100% for good, but yet again they have managed to use up an hour of my time and a few of those last precious starnds keeping me on this side of sane.

I get a guy, speaking very poor broken English. I tell him, I called before, I was told my check would be on the way and I would receive it no later than 10 business days.

He says " I see you call on 26th... you were issue refund of 42.77"

I say it was suppose to be 59.51

He says " and also refund for 17.74"

I said that is a dollar extra but okay whatever, where are they?

He says "they was issue on 26th, one 42.77 and one 17.74 on a 59.51 credit in your account"

I again say okay where are then, were they mailed? can you tell me when?

He says "they denied on the 27th." Then nothing, he went silent

I wanted to know why they were denied, I sent back the equipment, the woman I spoke with said everything was fine and the check was on the way. Why if there was a problem did they not call me? Would they not call if it was the other way around and I owed them money?

He repeated the same thing...they were issued on the 26th, two refunds on a credit on your account and denied on the 27th

I said BUT WHY?

He actually repeated himself again... the same thing, they were issued blah blah blah but could give me no reason why. I asked for a supervisor about 10 times before he actually transferred me to one.

This one says I can;t have a refund because it was viewing credits and I can't have them back. I said no it was a bill- they get paid a month ahead (july) and I canceled and returned the equipment in June, I paid July's bill a few days before I canceled, before the month actually started as stated on the bill and I want my money back.

She says well there was viewing credits too for 24 dollars. I said yes, that was what the guy 6 phone calls back gave me because I lost any and all channels in the second week of June... a month I also paid in full for service that wasn't there, and Dish Network really dropped the ball on getting it taken care of in a timely manner. I paid for a service- you didn't provide and now I want what I overpaid, I am not asking for anymore, just what I am owed sent to me.

I fought with her for 20 FRUSTRATING minutes... she claims (6F2 in the Philippines- for my own record) claims that 34.99 will be returned, they refuse to pay me the credit, that they gave me for the lack of service. At that point I just wanted off the phone. It will be in the mail and not to call unless it's been 4 weeks. Okay last time it was gonna take 7 days and now I have to wait a month more? Seriously I don't think I have ever had a good service experience with them, not even a mediocre one.

Ten minutes after I hung up the phone, it rang. It was a Dish Network rep calling to say she sees I canceled a few weeks ago and wondered if I would take a few minutes to tell her why and let her try to win me back.
The irony killed me, I am sure she thinks I am a loon because I immediately broke into hysterical laughter. She must be pretty good at her job, she did manage to not piss me off and she wasn't reading a script, she actually responded to what I said and it made sense. I talked to her for 42 mins.
She didn't win me back though she tried pretty hard, the offers were tempting, I just don't think at this point there is a deal they could offer that would make me forget, or make up for my experience so far. She says Dish Network is making an effort to better their customer service.
Obviously that meeting was held in the 2 minutes between phone calls because the last 2 morons earlier sure weren't trying very hard.
She asked if I switched to cable or direct tv. I told her neither one, cable costs too much and I wrote off Direct Tv years ago because of some of the same issues I had with Dish and their poor customer service as well. I do have to say I hated them, and still wouldn't go back but DirectTv was 15xs better than Dish Network.

Wish me luck, hopefully my next DishNetwork post will be a hooray it's really, really over. LOL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So how is life without Dish Network? Although it does sound you are much better off without them, hope you get your money quickly and thats the last you hear from them

Karen said...

I'm and DN customer myself and I'm with you on their customer service. It sucks bigtime. But I'm addicted to my DVR. So I don't see giving it up anytime soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised you had problems with DirecTv. We never had issues with them and if we did, we just asked for the "customer retention department". They always had more pull and would give us just about anything we asked for including renewing our contract and giving us the latest promotion (even though we were existing customers and their stuff says only for NEW customers).

If you are thinking of going back to DirecTv, contact me first and I'll give you a referral number for an extra $50 credit.

As for Dish... not a fan of them. Sorry to hear they're holding your money. If you paid by credit card like I do with DirecTv then you can have your credit card get the money back.