Saturday, March 28, 2009

She is no longer cute and little

Lola, the cute, adorable, tiny 6 lb pup is now 38lbs lbs growing like a weed with no end in sight. She is a pain in the ass.

Today was gorgeous, in the 60's and sunny. I spent it doing laundry, fun, fun. Anyway it was a perfect day to hang out the clothes and I took advantage of it. In the middle of taking it down the kids needed something. It's funny how they need nothing UNTIL I am in the middle of something. So I went in and tended to them. Five minutes later I went back out to the porch and grabbed a pair of jeans off the line. I turned to drop them in the basket... it was gone. Lola had it ripped to shreds in the dog yard and half a load of nice fresh clean laundry scattered everywhere covered in mud and most likely 'other stuff' as well.

Yesterday I went out and fished empty soda bottles, two measuring cups, a matchbox car, a chewed up full roll of toilet paper, and a fly swatter out of the dog yard. I'm not sure which kid is to blame but she isn't getting most of this stuff on her own. She was running around with a metal drip pan from a stove in her mouth. I gave up after a couple minutes of trying to catch her. I have no idea where it came from, I have a glass top stove. There are holes everywhere, attempting to catch her just resulted in a very sore ankle. There is no longer any trim around the bottom of the back door or the window... she has eaten it off, ripped out the small trees and a few chunks of the siding on the house. My house is really old, it's asbestos siding, that can't be tasty. She likes to play with rocks, she tosses them around and up in the air, half the time they come back down and hit her in the head. Her favorite toy seems to be hubby's sledge hammer. The thing is huge, and really heavy, she just runs around the yard with it. I keep telling him to put it away, soon it wont be an issue.

She is mouthy too. When Rylan cries, she half whines, half howls along with him. That part is pretty cute, the rest, not so much. She barks non stop at her shadow and her reflection in the glass on the entertainment center. One would think that by now she would have figured out that she IS that other dog, but no. Between her and Rylan it will be a miracle if I make it to my birthday without a breakdown. Her cuteness is fading quickly, a little bit with each new thing she destroys.

3 comments:

Scott Plocharczyk said...

Asbestos flavored siding with melted cheese makes a nice afternoon snack.

Amnesty said...

Look on the bright side...if she's eating asbestos, she probably won't live that long.
Ben and I have made a pact to never own another dog. Or anything with fur. Really, we're just going to stick to a fish tank, and maybe someday a turtle.

Karen said...

I would have died over the laundry. It is a huge pet peeve of mine if the laundry gets dirty before it gets put away.