Wednesday, March 18, 2009

catchy

I have a great hatred of fish, I don't really like commercials, most are lame, and I am not to fond of McDonald's either but I LOVE the fish commercial. It's catchy and clever. I should hate it- I have good reason. I was a cashier years ago when that stupid singing fish came out. We were forced to have one on the counter and everyone that walked by just HAD to press that damn button. The manager insisted that we could not remove the batteries, or slap the customers who pressed it. It took about 1.5 hours for all of us employees to want that damn fish to die. It stayed on the counter for MONTHS.

Thankfully I worked for Nice-N- Easy who had no qualms about leaving young females all alone all night long 2 miles from the Casino where we got all sorts of fun weirdos. I was the lucky underpaid sucker who got the overnight job all alone for years. Thankfully the truck stop Sav-On across the street had FOUR overnight people and the guys came over and checked up on me, because Nice-N-Easy sure didn't care. I only had a half hour before the other 2 or 3 employees left and I could hide that stupid thing. The occasional day shifts were hell. The fish was a huge contributing factor to that being the worse job I ever had. The biggest being learning just how stupid people are, really, really, REALLY stupid.

Oh the stories I have, like the woman who insisted I give her $200 dollars because she removed the gas nozzle and pulled the lever BEFORE it was in her tank and it spilled on her skirt. I tried but I couldn't stop laughing at her (in case it isn't obvious dealing with idiots is not my strong suit) she called the cops, the cops of course told her that well the instructions are on the pump and pumping gas is not rocket science) She got so mad she jumped in her pretty new SUV and took off- with the hose still in her tank. I can't even describe how much fun it was when the same cops pulled her over and she was screaming that WE dented her new car when the hose snapped off and straight into the side of said pretty new SUV.

Anyway back to the fish... the first time I saw it I thought this is going to get annoying fast but yet I find myself smiling and bobbing my head every time I see it. Rylan gets a kick out of it too he dances (which means he jumps up and down- and he really jumps, with both feet of the floor) and screams fissshhhhyyyy. As long as it doesn't start singing take me to the river I wont mind watching it.

0 comments: