Saturday, December 29, 2007

computer woes

I have good intentions of posting Christmas pictures, but my computer wont let me do anything. It was fine, in fact it was perfect. I have been very pleased with Robby and I having our own computers- he isn't fooling around and screwing mine up. Or, at least he wasn't until Christmas. I got him a new mp3 player- he spent a large portion of the day playing with it ( you know the day that was suppose to be about family and the kids- he spent playing with his toy :) For whatever reason he decided to hook it up to MY comp and fool around to figure it out. Suddenly ALL my pictures disappeared, and I can only go to three websites, and I can't do anything from there. UGH Of course after destroying mine he moved on to his own (which is in still in working order) AFTER he figured out what he was doing.

So no pictures now, in fact my camera got lost in the mess of paper and gifts more than once so I don't really have a lot of pictures anyway. Everyone one of of was spoiled this year. My mom got Robby and I recliners, yup two, we have been planning to buy one with our taxes this year. Now we don't have to and we have two so no fighting over who gets to sit in it. They are so comfortable- we've been doing a lot of sitting, lol.

Saige got more toys than any 10 kids need :) I guess that is to be expected, I was guilty of going overboard on her as well. She is just so easy to buy for- she loves everything. I think the fur real cat my mom got her is probably her favorite. She carried it around with her and made it "watch" her open all the rest of her presents. She kept telling me how much she loves her "NICE" kitty and that snowball would teach our kitty to be nice too. Imagine our surprise when we discovered that it was on demo mode and when we turned it on the damn thing hisses and growls like a real cat too! For the record I think Boo (the evil, real cat) is too busy hating it to learn how to be nice, lol.

Rylan didn't get much but he's given us more than we could ask for this week. He's slept all week long- all night long. It is sooooo nice to sleep, I forgot how good it feels to wake up after a solid 7-8 hrs (for me, he's been sleeping for 12!). In fact Christmas eve my parents asked what time to come watch the kids open their presents and I said 7:30- they declined said they have been working hard and wanted to sleep in. The phone rang at 7:30- they changed their minds and ALL of us were still sleeping, we came that close to getting to sleep in, lol.

I'm always sad when Christmas is over- I spend months getting ready and planning, and bam it's over just like that. I think the anticipation is better than anything. Christmas eve is better than Christmas, is more magical, the kids go to sleep excited for santa, for Christmas morning. By Christmas night it's done and there is one hell of a mess! It's taken me four days to get some sort of order back in this tiny house, and I'm still not done. Only 361 days til we do it all again.

On a not so nice note- whoever came up with the idea that all toys need to be packaged with 8000 little twisty things that all have to be undone before you can get to the toy, should be shot! Seriously is there not a better way? Have they never had to open one themselves while their three year old stood by asking repeatedly "can I play with it now, can I play with it now? now? now? Someone suggested I open them all before wrapping them so she can just open them up and play. I guess that would work for me, but, I think if she could get at them all right away we'd be there all day. We still have to go to both our parents houses and I don't think we'd get her out the door. So instead I spent 4 hours undoing twisty thingies and trying to rip packages apart so the cardboard and the plastic parts can be recycled.

Pictures to come when and if I get my computer going again.

2 comments:

Tristin Choi said...

Hi hi, I'm new to your blog. Love reading it - so fun. I also started a mommy blog for my 12-week old son, Tristin (www.tristinchoi.com) & was looking for other mommies online. Thanks for posting. Will continue to read on.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you all had a lovely time and the kids all got spoiled. My neice has that cat and Eilidh just loves it - its the first thing she goes for at my mums and just adores her "kitty" .

What is it with men and toys?