Warning- If you are easily grossed out, skip to the bottom.
Rylan and I were hanging out on the couch, he was acting hungry. I was pretty sure it wasn't time to eat again but made him a bottle anyway. He drank the whole thing down, so I assumed my mommy brain was just wrong on the last time he ate. He was in a good mood and I had him sitting up facing me on my knees and we were making faces. Sticking his tongue out is his newest "trick". All of a sudden he puked.... not a little baby spit up, I'm talking full fledged exorcist style vomiting all over me and my face.
It was in my hair, up my nose, in my mouth since I was talking to him when it came with no warning. It was all over the couch and the wall behind me. I am by no means a queasy person, it really takes a lot to make me sick. That did it. I started gagging as I was spitting out a mouth full of baby puke and sure enough I puked all over Rylan and myself. My stomach is still turning just reliving it.
So much for being caught up on laundry, I should have known that was just way too good to be true. I stripped us both down and threw everything into the washing machine (I'll definitely be running that load twice). I held Rylan and took him in the shower to rinse us off before I filled up the tub. Then I scrubbed the couch, wall and carpet. I'm still convinced I can smell it, I got it all, it just permeated my brain. The weird thing... in the last two hours he has been happier than I have ever seen him. Saige of course thought the whole ordeal was hilarious, twisted little girl. Me, I may never eat again.
On a another note, it was yet another long night. Saige's getting up for the day at 4 am finally caught up with her and she crashed at 4 yesterday afternoon. I tried waking her every half hour until 9 but she was out. At 11:30 pm she woke up, we let her stay in our bed. I hate sharing abed with her, she didn't sleep all night. She kept screaming at us and poking us to wake up all night long. When she did settle down, Rylan woke up. He gets up several times a night, not always crying but loud. VERY loud. Saige turns to me and says "mommy that baby is awful noisy didn't you tell him it's the middle of the night?" I said yes, she responds "no you didn't mom- TELL HIM!" So I told him, it didn't work. It's now 4:30 and she is getting tired again, I have no idea how I'm going to keep her awake until bedtime :( So I'm sending her out to play in the snow, in the dark.

1 comments:
Oh you poor thing! That was reeeeally unfortunate. I did something similar to my mother when I was little except I think it went down the front of her tucked in shirt and sloshed about a bit!!!
You realise you will probably catch his bug now. :-(
Post a Comment