It's official- our first snow. We have had some dusting but this morning I woke up to 3 inches. Of course it drifts across the driveway and there is like a foot there... The plow guy has already taken out he mailboxes, this happened almost daily at our old house. Then it was not a big deal, we just lifted it back up and it was good until the next day. Here our mailbox is attached to four others and lots of heavy wood (although there is only one house across the street). It's going to be staying on the ground, I cant lift them back up- far to heavy for me.
It's been one hell of a week. Last Wed conveniently coinciding with the Holiday weekend I got the worst toothache. The dentist was closed until Mon, so I suffered for days. Turns out I need FOUR root canals- fun. Not to mention thousands of dollars. I come home from the endodontist to find Robby laying on the back porch, he threw out his back. He stayed home from work Thurs and went back yesterday. That lasted all of an hour he had to leave, so we took him to the dr who took him out for a week, less than a month before Christmas :( Unfortunatly he can't stay home for a week despite a dr's excuse, his job sucks. He has to find one way or another to be back on Tues if he wants to keep his job.... REALLY UNFAIR. So he is parked on the couch with several prescriptions including some narcotics (they make him quite humorous).
The plow isn't on the 4wheeler and I have no idea how to put it on, so I guess we are stuck here until RJ gets home tomorrow to do it for me. Not too bad I guess, assuming I don't kill him (Robby that is) before. Having him on vacation is great, he does stuff, having him injured laying on the couch whining while I wait on him..... well that's another, lol. Actually I shouldn't say that, he hasn't been too bad (and he is funny when he's all drugged up).
Rylan hasn't been sleeping- AT ALL he naps for about 15 mins tops maybe 2-3 time a day and he is up every hour all night. I don't know how n much more I can take- I need a good nights sleep. I knew having another baby it meant getting up in the night (Saige was and is a perfect sleeper from the start), I never imagined I would be getting up 6-7 times a night five months later. I feel like a zombie. I have even tried bringing him into our bed (something I am adamantly against- nothing against others who co-sleep- it just isn't for me. I don't sleep with little legs kicking me and I spend the whole night worried Robby is going to crush him) it doesn't help, he still doesn't sleep. I'm getting ready to pay someone to drive us around for 8 hrs so we can both get some much needed sleep.

3 comments:
Sorry about the root canals , just went through two and know how much they hurt. Sorry about DH being ill to.
Lack of sleep is horrible, has he being doing this from the start? Eilidh sleeps well for the most part but everything and anything can disrupt it. Maybe he is going through a development or growth spurt?
I'm pretty sure it's illegal for his job to fire him for being injured...The Family Medical Leave Act protects your job for 24 weeks I think. He might want to talk to a lawyer. If he ends up with permanent injuries from going back to work too soon, he would be within his rights to sue them.
12 weeks, sorry. Either way...he should be covered: http://www.dol.gov/esa/whd/fmla/
Post a Comment