Saige and I finally got to get started on cookies. For the life of me I could not get red frosting, we went through the remaining red food coloring- it just kept getting pinker, lol.
By the time we got to the frosting she was down to her underwear. Why I didn't strip her down in the first place is beyond me.
This is Saige's favorite, it's huge, and I'm sure there is enough sugar in it to send a small person into shock.
I thought if I just made red and green it would be easier to work with and keep separate. It really was a nice thought but, she's 3 half way through the frosting turned grey. I suppose grey Christmas trees taste just as good as green ones :) Of course some are undercooked and some are practically burnt. I am so not a cook of any sort.
All in all it was a fun afternoon. Rylan still isn't 100% but it worked out well for us because he napped most of the time.

2 comments:
LOVE the grey Christmas trees! What a hoot :-D
We need to get baking. It's something I do once a year. The rest of the year I do everything I can to get out of cooking. (My husband is fortunately very good in the kitchen so it works for us.)But at Christmas I have a few standards I can do. Maybe we'll do some Christmas cookies. My 12 year old has just started to get into cooking.
Oh...and for red icing...get the gel colouring. You can get it from cake decorating shops!!
Merry Christmas
The gel worked! Thank you!
Post a Comment