Saturday, December 8, 2007

Quiet

I'm all alone, Robby took the kids to the mall. I didn't even have to ask, I assumed he was going to go alone and when I got up he had the kids all bundled up (kinda) and ready to go with him!!! I love him! Of course I had to get Rylan back out of his car seat and dress him, a thin pair of pajamas just doesn't cut it when it's 20 degrees out. But, it's the thought that counts. So here I am, guaranteed the next few hours all alone and quiet. I don't know what to do with myself...

With the exception of dr's appointments I haven't had any time away from Rylan since he was born.... it's long overdue. I love my kids dearly but sometimes I wish I worked just for the quiet I would have on the drive to and from. Is that horrible? I love being a sahm most of the time, sometimes I just need a break.

Common sense says I should be in bed sleeping while I have the chance, yet here I am on the computer, lol. I would be sleeping but they woke me up. More specifically Robby's laughing woke me up. I thought I was missing something... I was, Sponge Bob. This is a guy who doesn't even chuckle at old reruns of Seinfeld or (my fav) That 70's show, in fact he doesn't chuckle at most adult TV. But, turn on Sponge Bob and he laughs hysterically through the whole thing. He truly is a giant child in a mans body.
At the Endontist the other day his assistant asked me how old my kids were, I said 5 months, 3 yrs, and almost 30. She looked at me strange for a minute and said damn you look good!!!!! I had to explain I married the old one, I didn't give birth to him.

The Christmas spirit seems to be missing this year... I know it's only days away I'm just not feeling it yet, maybe because we don't have a tree yet. Yesterday Saige and I decorated the house and made some decorations, I thought that would help but nope. Maybe it will kick in when we make cookies tomorrow, lol. If not at least the Christmas weight should be off to a good start, lol.
Saige and I made 3-D snowflakes... they were surprisingly easy and they look neat too. Sometime during making them I must have turned my back for a minute, as I was cleaning up the paper all over the floor I found a huge pile of hair. Since having the baby, it seems I lose an unreal amount of hair, but nothing like this. I had been laying on the floor earlier with the baby and I thought it was mine. So I start picking it up in a panic that I am going bald. Saige suddenly starting crying out of the blue and ran up the stairs. 'Nough said... she cut her hair (we have the same color and length) First I was relieved I wasn't going to be bald by the end of the week and then I thought OH NO. So I flew up the stairs after her to check out the damage. I couldn't really tell- she has SO much hair it's barely noticeable. It took 5 minutes for her to stop crying and understand I wasn't mad. I think every kid has to do this at least once a lifetime. The more I laughed, the harder she cried. So I dragged her to the mirror and showed her she still had hair and she sobbed "I'm so sorry mommy I wont ever cut my hair again" I said thats good, then she added... "I'll just cut Rylan's when he gets some" So I have to remember that of my bald little bot EVER gets hair- I must hide the scissors.
I must go make some good use of my alone time.. I'm thinking a long hot bath with lots of bubbles, I can't remember the last time I got one of them without a short person throwing any and every toy in there with me.

1 comments:

Laura McIntyre said...

Yah for the alone time, i think we all need it sometimes. There is something lovely being home ALONE.

We are not feeling the Christmas spirt around here either, i would of been panicing about the hair thing to. I would of been devistated if Rebecca cut her hair, love long hair