Monday, December 10, 2007

Sore

I had my first of two root canals this morning, my jaw is so sore, lol. Regardless of having to sit with my mouth open further than it is meant to be opened for an hour straight, I didn't want to leave. It was like a spa, or at least how I imagine a day at the spa would be, lol. They were all so nice it was hard to hate them all for making me get up so early it was still dark. There were no crying children, no snoring husband. They kept asking me if I wanted anything, a magazine, a blanket, did I want to change the channel on the T.V.? When it was over with they gave me a warm towel to clean up with, it was so.... peaceful. My only complaint is them asking me questions when they have my jaw pried open and I can't talk. Was I suppose to answer? I just kept nodding. How sad is it that I am looking forward to getting the second one done Thursday morning?

4 comments:

Amnesty said...

Aww, I hope you are recovering. I understand though. I've been stuck home all day with my kids and I'm going nuts! I don't know how anyone does it everyday and stays sane.

Tara said...

Thanks for that. I've been feeling incredibly guilty that I think how nice it would be to run away at moments. My mom takes Saige but I really NEED a break from the baby. I'm thinking I need to find a babysitter so I can have 1 day every few weeks all to myself.

Rebecca Mecomber said...

Rooooot canaaaaals. Owwwwww. My sympathies. I had one done.

Take care and I hope you get some time to be quiet and relax.

Laura McIntyre said...

Hugs hun yes root canals suck, but i did love the free time going to get them done. I would leave and get there about 30 mins early just to have the time to relax and read for a bit. Hope your recovering well