Since I've started this blog I've had conflicting thoughts on what I should/shouldn't post. I've wondered if maybe I should start a second one for all the things that piss me off, lol. But, it's my blog so I can write whatever I want right?
I took Robby to the dr's 2 weeks ago when he hurt his back. Turned out he has a herniated disc and the doc sent him to physical therapy. He went once... and just didn't show for yesterdays appointment, and I doubt he will go tomorrow either. That pisses me off, what is the big deal about spending a half hour with someone who knows what they are talking about. He says it's dumb, and didn't help. HOW THE HELL could he possibly know that if he only went once and didn't follow through on what he was told to do? UGH
Anyway I got carried away. that wasn't what I was getting at, at the original doctors appointment, Robby, Rylan and I were sitting in the teeny tiny waiting room, waiting. This guy walks out to leave, he goes out the door, he opens the door back up nods at the baby and looks at Robby and tells him "Good Job".
I really don't know why that bothered me so much (or why it still does). Perhaps because Robby smiled and said thanks like he was solely responsible for the creation of our son. I didn't say anything at the moment, I was dumbfounded. Sure Robby helped a little, in fact very, very little in the grand scheme of things. I was the one who was pregnant for what seems like an eternity, I was the one gave birth. I am the one who hasn't gotten a good nights sleep in over a year (thanks to unborn Rylan kicking me and turning my bladder into his personal punching bag). I am the one who gets up in the middle of the night (or I was everytime until two nights ago when I had a mini breakdown, and when he woke up I went into the bathroom and cried like a baby myself- this was the night after I had the root canal, my face was swollen, I was in pain, and I spent the day watching Robby sleep on the couch. I didn't get a "how are you feeling?" Not, "can I help you in anyway?" Just "wake me up for work"). Basically I do 95% of all the work, you know the diapers, feedings, comforting and everything else.
Robby has a couple hrs in the morning. He lets me sleep in, or so he thinks. I just lay in bed listening, lol. He changes 1 diaper a day, in fact he refuses to use the cloth ones because if he did he might possibly have to do TWO whole diapers in one day. Most of the time he lays on the couch with both kids and they all go back to sleep. Well, to sleep after destroying the house and totally undoing all my hard work from the previous night. Who eats mayo for breakfast? and more importantly why are there strategic globs of it turning clear and gross all over the place at 9 am?
Now, I love my husband, I do really. I accept that he is the way he is, and other than pretending to be a complete idiot (um how do I feed the baby again? he's wet? really?) I am a SAHM so I kind of accept that picking up the house and the majority of the childcare is on me. I am okay with that. What I am not okay with is him thinking he deserves a medal for spending an hour and a half out of his day being the sole caregiver. I think he is completely clueless about what I do all day, he doesn't get why I need a break from it every now and then, after all it's always easy and my little angels (I'm choking on my coffee just typing it)are the perfect children all day long. What could possibly be rough about having a life that revolves around diapers, crying, and toast, laundry that multiples, and cleaning up (mostly after him)?
I've decided that the only way to get my point across is to give him a complete day alone with his kids. I have to wait, since right now he only has Sundays off it would be too easy for him to just take them to his moms and get someone else to do it all for him. So I'm biding my time waiting for his parents to say they wont be home next weekend. I will start my day feeding Saige ice cream , candy and mountain dew before I go. I will be sure that Rylan's diaper is beyond needing a change, so when he picks him up he will be covered in baby urine too, then he can change the baby, himself and attempt to clean what ever he was sitting/playing on before. I will be sure to stick around long enough to make sure he (Rylan) is way beyond needing a nap, I will continue to stimulate him long past tired so that he will then not take said nap and give Robby the endless overtired baby attitude I am so use to.
I will be sure to use up every clean dish in the house so he has to wash them while attempting to convince Rylan it's okay, you can eat soon. I will leave a shitty diaper laying on the floor, shitty side down, so when he steps in it and squishes it into all the cracks I can say... "Oh I forgot it was there" and watch as he attempts to clean it. Or maybe the other way so I can laugh when he steps on it and it squishes between his toes. Then I can continue to laugh while he hops one footed to the bathroom to puke and clean up, while trying not to make a bigger mess to clean off the floor.
I will be sure to leave the milk out on the counter for hours and hours so when Saige wants some, he can listen to her whine while pouring the putrid leftovers down the drain while telling her he is sorry and trying to convince her that water is all there is. I will give Saige a Sharpie and proceed to allow her to write all over his stuff, like his glasses (not that he has any, lol) while I stand by and watch, not saying a word. On my way out the door, I will ignore the dogs begging to go out, and walk right past the overflowing garbage can pretending not to see it, and certainly not noticing that the coffee grounds I dumped out landed on the floor, not in that invisable overflowing trash can.
Now if only the opportunity would arise... (insert creepy hideous laugh here)... Okay I will never do any of the above, mostly because I know I would return to everything I described but way, way, way, worse. It sure did feel good to type it all though, lol. After all it's my blog so I can bitch about what I want :) Maybe I'll accidentally leave it up on the screen and he will read it (doubtful) and take a hint!

1 comments:
OMG, I am laughing out loud at this! I LOVE it!
Post a Comment