Sunday, January 11, 2009

some pictures

We went ice skating today, it was Saige's first time, and the first for us since we were kids. I didn't last too long, it was fun but my poor ankle is going to make me regret it. Why is it that I am not even 30 yet have aches and pains like an 80 year old? Saige loved it and didn't want to stop. Big change from the kid who all week whined that she didn't want to go in fear of falling. I finally told her she had to fall to see it didn't hurt and to learn. So she fell a few times all proud of here self that it didn't hurt. Then she fell and it did hurt. She wanted to quit but I went and sat with her and pointed out all the little kids her size and smaller that were falling all over the place and getting right back up without any tears and she finally admitted she was more scared than hurt and went back to it. I tried to take pictures but mostly got glares from the glass. I had to include this one. If you look closely that is Robby trying to get back up, his sister and Vin standing in front of him laughing at him, and the boys behind him laughing at him. Saige, I think is underneath him somewhere or maybe trying to climb his right leg.



What a ham. This must be the booger man's I'm too sexy for my pants pose. Seriously his nose has been running nonstop since.... forever. I will clean it and five minutes later it looks like no one has wiped his face in days. I break out the baby wipes before we go in a store and by the time we are checking out he's giving dirty looks ( he does not smile when people talk to him- he shoots death rays with his eyes) with nasty crusty boogers. I swear there is a conspiracy to make me look like a worse mom than I am.
This one is Saige after school Friday. Look closely at her butt. Notice the zipper and snaps, notice the flowers on the back of her left leg, the flowers that should be on the front of her right leg. Now she is four, and she wears these backwards every time she wears them because when they were designed someone, somewhere said "hey, moms everywhere teach their kids that the tag goes in the back, so lets screw with them and put the tag in the front". I remind her when I set them out the night before but she doesn't remember by morning and puts the tag in the back. I don't do mornings, Rob gets her on the bus. I know men (at least my man) can be completely clueless but how can he miss the fact that she has a zipper on her butt EVERY time she wears these which is quite often seeing as she only had a few that fit right. Most of the 4T's fall off of her. The 3Ts are perfect around the waist but look more like capris than pants. No doubt her teacher wonders what the heck is wrong with us.

0 comments: