Saige stayed home from school today. I went in this morning and she rolled around moaning that she didn't feel well, her throat and her belly hurt. I believe her throat hurt, she was coughing all night. It's been a couple days that she's had a nasty cough at night but during the day she is perfectly fine so I haven't called the doctor yet. I'm not sure if I should or not. Part of me says error on the side of caution, the other part says you are going to get a bill for hundreds of dollars for nothing that will require more phones that very well may be the death of me, one of these days I am convinced my head is really going to explode from these phone calls. Anyway, as soon as it was past the time that it would be worth it to take her school- she was amazingly healed and bouncing all over the place. This is the second time she has done this. I don't want to force her to go, I would feel absolutely awful to the a call from the nurse wondering why I sent her if she really was sick. On the other hand, I don't want her making a habit of it. She loves school, just seems she gets overtired and doesn't want to get out of bed. Gee I can't wait until she is a teenager.
Back to insurance... according to the hospital, the bill was one I had previously called on twice and was told it was taken care of. Still not sure why it came from somewhere else but whatever. They did tell me that there seems to have been a glitch from Blue Cross Blue Shield for the second year in a row. I know things happen, but they have never sent a letter or notified anyone in anyway what so ever. You would think that if there was a mistake and they KNOW that all there subscribers who had service in a certain time frame were getting screwed that they would at the very least post a notice somewhere. I asked why they didn't on my last phone call and all I got was a whole lot of umms and umm I don't think we were aware of the problem.
This is not the first time the doctors office (a different one) has told me it has happened to a whole mess of people. I think they are doing it on purpose in an effort not to pay out hoping that people who don't have hours of free time to try to get help over the phone, or just don't realize will pay. It's criminal, and they know EXACTLY what they are doing. I wish I could afford a lawyer, I am not a suing person but I would love to see them forced to stop taking advantage of hard working people. I would love to be reimbursed what I overpaid AND minimum wage for the HOURS I have spent on the phone trying to straighten out their mistakes. In many cases mistakes that they promised would be fixed but required more phone calls and many more hours to actually have it happen. I would also love it if they hired employees who were actually helpful, not paid to give you the run around.
I don't know if this is a Blue Cross Blue Shield problem in general or strictly a BCBS of Mass. problem but if you have them and you are reading, I would strongly urge you to take a second look at your medical charges. I'm called hubbys work to ask them to notify the other employees of this non existent glitch. I got a corporate number to call. Wish me luck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Have to LOL at Saige, does sound like she is hitting the teenage years early.
I think the whole medical system is just unfair, its horrible you have to worry about money and yours kids health
I can assure you, its a BCBS problem everywhere. They are a bunch of RIP OFFS!!
Does your local paper have a problem solver column? They'll straighten them out
Post a Comment