Slowly Rob's job is becoming worse. It started last summer when they decided to change to change their FMLA policy on the very day Rylan was born, WITHOUT any prior notice. So instead of the time off without pay we had planned (like we did with Saige) he had to use all his vacation time up in July and he had to go back to work earlier than we had planned and left me alone in pain with the kids. I survived, but I'm still pissed about it.
Then came the milk, they were allowed a certain amount of milk to bring home, they changed it to none. I know free milk big deal, but when he has to work 13 days on 1 off for months on end the free milk was a perk. Now he is still working ALL the time and no more milk :( I never realized how much it costs to keep milk in the house with him- he could easily drink a gallon a day, and forget about him sharing with the kids.
Yesterday came the write ups. Last November Robby hurt his back and was taken out of work (on doctors orders) three days. There was no problem, he had sick time or so we thought, at the end of the year they even gave him a check for unused sick time. Two weeks ago he had the flu... which means he laid in bed whining and crying for three days. He called in, he couldn't have possibly worked and one must wonder why they would want him to come to work that sick when the product is consumed! It was apparently fine, they paid him sick time which means he had some.... Until yesterday when they called him in the office and handed him not one but two write ups. One for calling in Nov. which was apparently suppose to be a warning that he shouldn't call in a again or he would get a write up... from NOV. UGH Now I wasn't there but I'm assuming they gave him 3 or 4 seconds to be warned before handing over a second write up for calling in two weeks ago.
Maybe it's just me but I am not seeing how this is fair at all. I can see maybe 1 write up (although with the payment for time not used I don't think there should have been any). However 2? The second was shouldn't have come before the warning.... and if he screwed up in Nov why are they writing him up in March?
They need a union... it almost happened, I was crossing my fingers, but alas. HP Hood sucks... and gets worse by the day. Along with the write ups he can't bid on a new job for a year- and despite the fact he has sick time he is not allowed to call in again before 11/30 regardless of how sick he may be. I love how they seems to operate in their own little world. Who cares how unfair it is, who cares how burnt out all the underpaid over worked employees are as long as the big guys are getting the big bucks to sit on their asses and continue to find new ways to screw the very people who make them that money.
I probably shouldn't post all that in fear of them firing him because his wife said bad things about about their crappy company online. I would happily say it all to them but then we would be homeless :( I guess I can only hope they fire him over my blog... what a lawsuit that would be.

0 comments:
Post a Comment