Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Long week

It already been a long week, and it's only Tuesday. I don't know if I'm getting sick again or my allergies are bothering me but I can't breathe through my nose. This drives me nuts... I'm guessing it drives everyone around me nuts as well, since I am constantly blowing trying to get some air in. I'm hoping for allergies... at least those I can't share. Not that I have good motives on that, I don't hope to keep it to myself because I don't want the family sick... I want to keep it to myself because one or the other has been sick all winter long and damn it I need a break. It will never cease to amaze me how no one notices when I'm sick, no one cares or is extra helpful (that's not entirely true, Saige is but sometimes her help is more work for me). Yet the second they get hit with a sniffle they all expect me to run around and wait on them. I say them but I mean Robby.


A rare smiling moment.
Sunday I told Saige to get dressed, she didn't do all too bad... she had on underwear, her favorite pink pants backwards and her velvety sparkly Christmas top. I handed Robby clothes and told him to get Rylan dressed. here's the result-

I usually put his pants OVER the tops that button at he crotch but... hey he was dressed and in less than 10 minutes.

This morning Saige hounded me and hounded me until I tore myself away from the computer and played hide and seek with her. The game goes something like this.

me "Ok Saige go hide... 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 ready or not here I come"

her (waiting until I get 10 out) "come find me I'm in the kitchen in the cupboard"

I go open the cupboard... I use to pretend to look for her but...

Saige jumping out of the cupboard "you never would have found me huh? your turn mommy, I'll count to ten, you go hide in my room under the blankets"

me "Saige, you can't tell me where to hide... that isn't how you play hide and seek"

her "whatever just go hide in my room in the closet then"

me big sigh... I go hide in the shower. I wait until she is up the stairs and run back to get through a couple more emails listening for her to come back down so I can run back to the shower when she comes back down run over to Robby and say that I don't listen. I mumble something about the pot calling the kettle black from the shower (which by the way was still wet from RJ-I need to do laundry I'm getting low on socks)

She runs in and finds me and says "my turn, you count I'll go hide in the living room behind the chair"

the game continued on like this for another half hour. She doesn't understand why I am the only one who will play it with her, or around her. She might be pretty good at it, but finds it impossible to be awake and silent for more than 5 seconds at a time.


Some may find this in bad taste but...
One of RJ's friends got him this in Japan.... it's a leather purse, he calls it a satchel, he can call it whatever he wants but it's a purse, lol. It says the killers at the bottom and has pictures of Osama Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam Hussein, George Bush and a fifth guy we can't identify. I'm posting it in hopes that someone can tell me who the second guy in on the left holding the drumsticks is. Anyone? Please? Once I know I'll probably slap myself in the forehead and say duh, but in the mean time, it's driving me nuts. I'm weird like that.... little things will stick in my head for days and wont go away until I know the answer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No idea on the picture, never seen anything like it though.

LOL Oh Rylans outfit, when i was ill at the weekend DH got the girls dressed and Rebecca was wearing Jeans and a skirt and a top of Eilidhs (that is actually to small for Eilidh) that was above her belly button

mckait said...

no idea on the creepy guy in the picture... sorry

you have such cute kids!

and Kudos for letting Robby dress the baby and just leaving it ...lol

My eyes would have rolled to the back of my head! Then I would have fixed it..
you are a better woman than I !!!

Tara said...

I can leave it alone when we are staying home. I've learned to let that kind of thing go or I will have to do EVERYTHING.