I just made my first official mom threat using a non existent creature . Saige was up super early, and has been super cranky today. She had a meltdown when I said it's time for bed. So I picked up the phone and "called" the Easter bunny. LMAO I hung up the phone and told her he said he says he wont be coming if you don't stop giving me a hard time or if you go up those stairs and wake up your brother.
Her eyes grew like 3 sizes, she immediately stopped, stood still and quietly said "I'm ready for bed now mom, I'll be good" And she did, without waking the baby.
Somehow I think I should feel bad for doing that, but I don't. Instead I started thinking how many more years will that work? I think whoever came up with Santa and the Easter bunny totally did it to threaten their kids.

1 comments:
I do the same thing and I don't feel guilty. I'm building up credits for when the kids become teenagers and make up stuff of their own. I'll call it even then.
Thanks for popping over to my blog and commenting! I'm adding you to my Google reader so I can read more of your posts!
Post a Comment