Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Are all men like this?

The kids had a doctor visit this morning. Rylan has been a bit sick.... let's just say I have done SEVERAL loads of the nastiest laundry I have ever seen this week. He has a virus but thankfully seems to be much better. He's up to 17.11 lbs and 28inches, although I think he has lost some weight from being sick.

Saige had a surprisingly detailed physical for pre-k. I'm glad it's done, I don't have to think about my princess going to school again for months :( She is up to 34 lbs, 37.5 inches.

I mentioned the appointment to Robby last night, when I got up this morning he asked me time we had to be there, I told him again. While I was getting Saige ready I handed Robby Rylan's clothes, I know better than to have him get the clothes. It becomes what do you want me to put him in? What color? Is this the right one? should he wear a shirt too? (umm no just pants and shoes, that's completely normal,hello it's 25 degrees out what do you think) I handed him his snowsuit and told him to put that on him once he was dressed. He asks me "where are we going?"

So at the dr's office, I start stripping the baby down to be weighed to find that Robby didn't bother to take off the dirty cereal covered pajamas he was in- he just put the clothes on OVER them. No wonder the little guy was so upset, he was cooking in the backseat.

If that's not enough, we go to a family doctor, while waiting for him Saige says he is a doctor for everyone in town. (Everyone in town is her favorite phrase) Robby turns to her and says no he is kid doctor. I told Saige to ignore daddy and yes he is doctor for everyone, Robby looks at me wondering what I'm talking about. I asked him why, if this is a kid doctor, does he see the same doctor and he's almost 30? He shrugged and said oh. Apparently he thinks he sees a pediatrician, just because he's special, lol.

This was all in a half hour, most days pretty much go along the same lines. I swear he must be screwing with me, but I'm not so sure. I think he may just really be that clueless. Nothing scares me more than dying before my kids can take care of themselves.

0 comments: