The past few days Rylan has been taking naps! Real naps, over an hour, without a fight. He's been going to bed without a single whimper and waking up in the morning HAPPY!!!!!
Today he is moving!
Finally!
YEAH!
Can you tell I'm excited? He's not exactly crawling, but he's getting where he wants to go, lol. He's dragging him self around with his arms though.... his legs look like a frogs. He will get up on his knees, but he can only crawl backwards. Or he moves sideways, first he gets his top half over and drags the bottom half and keeps going to where he wants all by himself! It's funny to watch because he is trying to go forward on his hands and knees. He gets mad and drops down and pulls himself forward. He really likes balls, every time it rolls away he picks himself back up and tries to figure out how to move forward, I can see the frustration as he gets further and further away. He looks at me like why do you keep moving the darn ball?
Of course now I have to find the baby gates and locks for the cabinets. I have made NO effort to baby proof yet, I figured why bother he doesn't go anywhere. I had the house baby proofed two months before Saige was even born, lol. With him I have been clearing out the center of the room and plopping him down. Lately I've been putting stuff around the outside that he isn't allowed to have in hopes it would entice him to move on his own. You know stuff like cords he could strangle himself with, Saige's toys that have marbles (he's supervised of course) that he could choke on... all the stuff that he really WANTS while his toys sit untouched. He was a bit upset when he actually got the cords and I took them away. Now I'll have hide all of her toys with little parts, only to be played with during nap time.

0 comments:
Post a Comment