Pre-K is almost over :( One more week and a couple of days the following week. I will be happy when summer comes but it has been such a fun year. I can't wait for Rylan's turn. Saige has always been such a great kid but I think Pre-K has been a wonderful experience for her, and will be for him as well. We are lucky to live in such a great district, not only is provided but the providers are really terrific. I can only hope that the teachers in the following years will be half as great.
Saige's teacher sent home a packet of sight words for Kindergarten a couple weeks ago with a note saying she thought Saige was ready for them. She has made some pretty good progress and most importantly she is really interested in them. She hounds me a few times a day to quiz her and she goes through magazines and books picking the ones she knows. She'll be reading me the Dr. Suess books before long.
I have joined them for almost every field trip, last Friday was the ice cream place. The one I finally remembered my camera for, not that i got any good pictures. I am just not capable. I really should take a class on point and shoot cameras for dummies. We walked across town with 32 kids who were divided by flavors. It was, as you can imagine, messy. LOL
We have been outside enjoying our Spring, and so far so good. It actually has been Spring, not too hot, not to cold just perfect weather. Robby is bound and determined to turn them into miniature rednecks. There are now more than enough ride on toys to occupy them and then some. Of course they still fight over them, because they always want the one the other one has. Saige has been helpful with the gardening. Although next year I will be planting all by myself. I have a little bit of everything scattered everywhere. Rylan is helpful in trying to help weed, but, I swear he picks my plants on purpose. Thankfully he is short so the middle of the boxes are relatively safe, for now.
We had a meeting with Early Intervention this week, they will be coming to evaluate Rylan's speech after his birthday. I asked if we could wait until he was 2 because she said from what she had seen and we had said that he wasn't too far off track for being a boy. That was a relief. Hopefully it will go well and they will tell us he is perfectly fine. If not though it's nice to know there are options. He has started saying a bit more lately, I hope it continues.
Last night we went to the fireworks for the boxing hall of fame weekend. They were really good. Robby surprised us and showed up while we were waiting, can't believe he found us, but it was nice. I forgot my camera, shocking, I know. Rylan started crying at the first one, so I covered his ears and he FELL ASLEEP. He slept through the whole thing. This is the same kid who wakes up if someone sneezes 12 miles away. He slept in this morning though, THAT was nice. Unfortunately Saige did not. She was still up at an ungodly hour talking my head off. I kept telling her to be quiet and go play, she kept coming back every two minutes and hounding me about something else. Then she let the puppy out of her crate and couldn't unlock the back door to let her out so I had to get up, the dog woke up Rylan too.

3 comments:
I'm teary eyed. hehe
I think Saige liked school much more than Zoe did, LOL. I'm very nervous about all day kindergarten. Not only will I miss her, I know she'll be a real handful for the teacher.
I have no worries about her behavior, she is so laid back and like her dad in that regard. I dread it because I am going to miss her like crazy.
Post a Comment