Wednesday, April 29, 2009

It's official


My baby turned five yesterday :) :( I am incredibly proud of her, she is smart, sweet and funny. I could not ask for a better kid but I can't believe how fast it's gone by. I brought cupcakes to her class, Rylan had to tag along. I was so nervous he would be awful. But he was scared to death of all the kids who thought he was the greatest thing, there were 11 of them all crowding him, touching him and talking to him at the same time. He didn't move, he sat on my lap petrified and quiet, lol. At cupcake time he calmly sat in a chair next to his sister and ate his with no incidence. Then he stole hers, and the kids on the other side. It was alright with them, they just ate the frosting off and left the bottoms.

Saoge started soccer tonight, there are 6 kids on her team. She only knows one, a little boy in her class. The two of them are the only first time players and they both did terrific despite it! She LOVED it and can't wait for the weekend to do it again. Rylan shocked me and was great for the hour as well. He was upset that he couldn't go on the field or steal their balls but handled it very well. I totally forgot to bring him his own ball, oops. Not that I think that will help, he wants to play with Saige, but he was getting right into cheering them all on screaming GO and clapping his hands.

2 comments:

Karen said...

She is something special, isn't she. I'm so glad that you notice that and pay attention to her despite all the drama Rylan causes. Caly was my quiet one and I always tried to make a point not to ignore her because she wasn't the one screaming for my attention. But it's hard when you've got one that's so... dynamic? loud? crazy? LOL. You were right. Zoe and Rylan have an awful lot in common.

I love that he behaved in her class. Quinn is always a handful when we stop by Zoe's class. Two and a half years of living with Zoe means that you're not phased by much.

Scott Plocharczyk said...

Ok, when you take him to the doctor have Saige's teacher make a field trip for the class. :-)