Saturday, May 2, 2009

monsters

Robby had today off so we had a nice relaxing day. I read Twilight, I was beginning to think I was the only one on the planet that hadn't gotten into it. It was good. Rob got the lawn mowed for the first time, I'm kinda sad. It's suppose to be my job, I love mowing the lawn, and it was looking so pretty with all the tiny flowers all over it. Did some laundry, worked on Saige's dribbling skills, moved a few wheelbarrow loads of dirt, and a whole lot of nothing. The kids were good so we decided to take them to the movies. The drive in is finally open again.

It's the only movies we ever go to, not forced to sit next to anyone, no one has there head in your way and you can go in your jammies. It's awesome and you can bring your own snacks. So we picked up a pizza and went to see Monsters vs Aliens. I liked it, of course my boyfriend was in it so that made it so much better. For those of you who do not know, I am not so secretly in love with Hugh Laurie.

The problem with the drive in with kids, is that the movie doesn't start until 8:30 (although as summer progresses it will be more like 9:45) That is hard with kids that normally go to bed between 7:30-8. We thought for sure Rylan would be out, or just plain miserable and giving us a hard time. He stayed awake for the whole thing. Plus he wanted daddy, so while he was being a monster, pushing, pulling on anything everything on the car he could reach- it's didn't bother me a bit, he was on his lap. Saige on the other hand started whining half way through, she didn't feel good and wanted to go home. I figured she was overtired and there was no way I was leaving after paying if she wasn't puking. We made it through the movie, and the whining and left. Two miles up the road she started puking, thankfully she had a bag. Poor kid, I really just thought she was whining because tired, I didn't believe her that her stomach hurt. In my defense he stomach always hurts when she gets tired or doesn't want to do anything, she uses it as an excuse for everything. Although I suppose it's a good excuse to not buy pizza again, and to make it an adult only night the next trip to the movies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow...you are JUST NOW reading Twilight!?!? You HAVE to read all of them and watch the movie! the BESTTTTT!!

Tara said...

Yup, it was good and I will read the rest. I have to admit I did not find it as good as the Eragon series though, they are my favorites.