Thursday, October 23, 2008

No such luck

Saige was still sick this morning, she woke up at 5 calling for me. I went in and she asked me to sit with her, as soon as I sat on the bed she puked on me. We spent the afternoon running around, we went to the doctor who sent us for chest x-rays, a nebulizer and antibiotics. She was such a good girl, she put up no fight and was great for the x-rays. She thought is was pretty cool when she saw them on the computer screen. It looked kinda scary to me, but I am not a doctor and she didn't call so it must not be any worse than she thought. I'll call in the morning, they were closed by the time we made it home.

We were at the medical supply store for over an hour while they called the insurance company and sat on hold. An hour is a LONG time for a sick kid, any kid for that matter, but Saige was terrific. At that point her fever was gone and she was starting to feel a bit better. We waited at the pharmacy for over a half hour, they too had to call on the insurance. grr This totally ticks me off, we pay and outrageous amounts of money every week and yet we have to fight with them over EVERYTHING.

She didn't like the nebulizer (which is actually kind of cute, it's a cow and the case is a barn) at first but after she saw it didn't hurt she was fine and asking for more, lol. She is upset about missing so many days of school, she thinks they will for get her by Monday. It appears Rylan is starting to get sick again. I just can't win.

0 comments: