Today was his 15 month check up. He weighs 22 lbs, and is 32 1/2 inches long. He was absolutely awful the entire trip. He repeatedly threw himself on the floor, had a fit, screamed his fool head off and slapped the doctor, and all she did to him was say hi to him. She has labeled him as speech delayed, and sending him for a hearing evaluation. I think he can hear just fine, he understands most of what we say, he follows directions (most of the time, when he isn't having a temper tantrum, that no doubt stem from his communication frustration) he just doesn't want to talk. He has rejected all attempts at any baby sign language despite MONTHS of effort on my part. He seems to be quite content pointing, grunting and getting ticked off when we don't know what he wants. I should probably be more worried than I am, but I am not particularly worried over his lack of words.... yet.
Honestly I am more stressed over refusing a flu shot for him. I can't help but wonder if I should have said yes.... I keep thinking of all the kids that died from the flu last year, on the other hand he has it rough enough without filling him up with even more chemicals that in all likeness are unnecessary. I am ashamed to say I almost wish I was still as ignorant about vaccines as I was when Saige was born, it rates in the top three most stressful decisions I have ever had to make. It's like rolling the dice with my kids lives and it is beyond scary, it doesn't end with a decision because then I have to stress on whether or not I made the right choice. Before I knew better it was easy, lol.
The rest of will be getting flu shots and we will pray for the best. Rob because he can not afford to miss work, not financially, but because his employer makes up rules as they go along, he currently has 8 sick days and is NOT allowed to use them, he got a write up for the last time he was sick despite the doctor note. You would think that they wouldn't want you around the milk when you are sick but apparently they don't care. Actually I should say two write ups in the same day for sick days used separately months before hand. Like I said, they make up the rules as they go along. I wont even get into how stressed I was when they tried to refuse him FMLA leave when Rylan was born.
Me, because I can not afford to get the flu, unfortunately having the most underpaid overworked job around also means no sick days allowed. I barely survived last week and I know the flu is worse. Although I KNOW that the shot itself is going to make me sick, it always does, it sure beats having the flu. Saige because she has had it before with no ill effects and being in school she is more at risk than any of us.
Halloween is tomorrow!!!!!!! We can't wait. It's my favorite holiday, I love seeing all the kids in their costumes, and I wont lie, I love the candy too.

0 comments:
Post a Comment