Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I am being harassed by the NRA

According to my list of received calls on Vonage, the NRA has called me or Rob 18 times in the last 30 days. I have repeatedly asked to be taken off their list. I am not interested in who they think I should vote for and I am most certainly not interested in giving them a lousy penny. I am on the do not call list. Is the NRA calling and reading me a script not included in the do not call list? Is it that hard to make a note next to our number that we have told them 18 times politely and not so politely that we do not want to hear from them? Is it that hard to remove a number from the list? Do they think I am going to change my mind? Truthfully if I didn't disagree with who they think I should vote for in the first place, I would be tempted to head the other direction out of sheer annoyance. There is nothing more annoying than some idiot calling you at 9 pm, unable to properly pronounce Skinner (it's a toughy, I know) to inaudibly read a sheet of paper telling me about the horrors of certain politicians. It is kind of fun to let them go through the list and say 'hey I voted for all of them'.... or even better I told one guy that Hillary Clinton was my aunt (obviously a lie) but so worth it, he stammered said umm a couple times and hung up on me! lol. It was the one and only time I did not get a chance to tell them I did NOT want them to call again.

In all fairness I do not give money to any lobbying organization or politician. But, seriously the NRA? I can safely say they are at the very, very bottom of my influence pool and organizations I would give money to if I had it to give. Tomorrow I have to figure out how to stop this and file a complaint... if I can. One more week and hopefully it will be over but now I am just bitter that they keep calling over and over, and screwing with them got old after the 10th or 11th time.

On a cute note, Saige does not want me to go boat on Tues, because the water is too cold if I were to fall in. I took her last time, but apparently it didn't register. I was going to go while she was in school but I think we will get up extra early so I can take her with me.

1 comments:

mckait said...

You know Tara... it is the parents like you who give me hope. There are too few who actually do any real parenting these days, but there are some.

There are days I just want to scream.
I never post about the parents. I know it is hard for them. Hard in so many ways. But they are not entitled to make it all about them. It is about the kids.

Drug addicts who set their homes on fire.. have special needs kids too.. and neglect them. Whiners and boo hooers who call us up and cry.. its so hard, they say. Yes, but it is harder for your kid right now who has a temp of 103.8. Don't tell me you can't come and get him.

So much trouble to put those braces on. True, its hard. But after years of not doing it, your teenaged son who used to be able to feed himself and bear weight.. now has arms so twisted he can barely be dressed and can no longer feed himself or stand at all. And his teeth are so bad his mouth smells like infection. Do something.

Ah Tara, I wish I could fix them.