It was so warm out today! We mostly stayed in, it rained on and off and I did NOT want to deal with the mud... and mud about sums up the driveway and yard right now. I opened all the windows and turned off the heat. It was SO nice to get some fresh air in here. It's suppose to be cold again for at least the next week though ;( It was a nice start to April but makes me want nice weather even more, I'm anxious to start the garden and clean up the yard. With Rylan I figure it will take all summer to get all the sticks picked up and the leaves raked enough to mow, lol.
Saige and I went to the store, on the way there we passed a cemetery. She got all excited "I wanna go there and camp at that city" huh? what city? she was pointing at the grave stones. Obviously I need to teach her what a city is, lol. I told her it wasn't a city, that thats where people are buried when they die. She said "oh like their bones when their brains go to god?" I said yes. I'm not quite sure how to explain that to a three year old and that sounded good, lol. "Even boys like Patrick that not use their brains to be smart?" I can only assume she is talking about SpongeBob, well at least she knows he's an idiot. So I tell her yes even people who aren't real and don't use their brains. "Cause everyone has a brain even if they are dumb and it'sonly this big(holding up her fingers together)" True but I have no idea where she gets this stuff.
She contemplated that for a few moments and then asks "Is that where we will bury Dekan?" Dekan is our very old dog, "cause he's gonna die because he is old like my fishy was, and my fishy died. Did daddy bury my goldfish there?" I told her we will bury Dekan in the yard but not to worry about it, he's still kicking around. I said nothing on the goldfish, I did not want to explain that the goldfish got a septic burial. "Will he grow a city in the yard? Like those dead people back there?" No cities aren't grown they are built and that wasn't a city they were stones.
Thankfully we got to the store and that conversation ended. She did tell me she doesn't want to camp there anymore when we got home. But, then it was forgotten. We did spend a few minutes before bed looking at pictures of cities, lol. All she cared about was why they didn't have cows and barns there. Oh and she doesn't want to camp there either.

1 comments:
Kids are so funny!
I want to know why cities are so lacking in cows and barns too! It would certainly improve them. I am not at all comfortable in cities .. but ever single one of my kids lives in one!
Atlanta
St Louis
Charlotte
Annapolis
where did I go wrong??
Post a Comment