Her big birthday request was a chocolate cake, with sprinkles, lol. So I am going to attempt to make her a ladybug birthday cake. The directions look so simple, Saige should be able to make it herself. Hopefully that means when I make it, it wont be too hideous, lol, I can't even hard boil an egg. cooking/baking is just so not my thing. I am guessing once she is in school and makes new friends that this will be her last quiet (cheap, lol) family party. That scares me more than anything, the having to plan a real party. I do not have a creative bone in my body and the thought of organizing and hosting a party more elaborate than burgers,hot dogs,and cake makes me want to hide under the table.


Friday night Zailor came and stayed with us. Isn't he gorgeous? He's a great baby too, wish he could teach my little guy how to sleep, lol. Saige absolutely adores him, he is 6 months older than Rylan and I think she just likes the idea of being bigger than someone else. It's cute to watch her though, she showed him ALL of her toys and like a tour guide told him about EVERYTHING in our house. This is the bottom step, you go on it to get to the next one. This is the bathroom, and this is my potty seat and when you aren't a baby anymore you wear big girl undies and use this.... LOL. He's a climber... but hasn't mastered the art of getting down yet. A few minor almost heart attacks for me but no one was injured. Of course I sent him home with one shoe and didn't even realize until Saige found the other on in the yard two days later, lol.
Saturday night we had a party for my in-laws. Robin planned the whole thing, and other than the dressing up part (for me anyway) it was pretty great. I gave Robby the camera thinking he could probably take better pictures than me, since mine are so bad. A 600 dollar camera that no one can operate. I want a simple plain digital camera that takes idiot proof pictures! Anyway after we got home, I loaded them up on the computer to see how they came out.... he took TWO pictures, the whole night, lol. Here they are


2 comments:
One of the recent issues of Family Fun magazine had some totally cute cakes, including one that looks like a sandcastle. I'm never adventurous enough to make anything like that!
Happy Birthday to the little one!
Happy Birthday to Sage , i feel with you on the pre-k , Rebecca starts nursery after the summer which is 5 afternoons a week and its going to be so strange not having her here.
Happy Birthday to your angel
Post a Comment