Saturday, April 5, 2008

Checkers

It's been a rough couple days. I think (I hope) Rylan is getting another tooth. He has been SOOO miserable, crying and whining for days. Prying my glasses out of his hand led to a 45 minute screaming fest. He has stopped sleeping, quick little naps for 5-10 minutes. Up until a few days ago he was napping for an hour or two at a time and it was much much nicer around here, lol. I hope it hurries up, teething tablets are doing NOTHING for him :(

I took Saige with me to the dentist Thursday, we were sitting in the filled waiting room. A black man wearing a red hoodie walked in and Saige says mommy look what colors he is, he's black! I wasn't sure what the big deal was, half of the people in there were. I said so? She goes "but he's wearing red like a checker board!" everyone though that was pretty funny. I was a bit nervous she was going to say something about the heavy woman sitting next to us in orange....

She is so much fun and such a good kid. With her help I managed to get an hour worth of raking and happiness from Rylan in, at this rate I'll be done raking in July, lol. She pulled her brother around the yard for over an hour in her wagon. He didn't cry, not even once. I only had to yank him out out a couple soggy spots when she couldn't pull. She pulled him over to the swing set and showed him how she slides, and swings. She explained it the entire way.

"First you sit, then you use your feet to push and then you go like this and that makes you move back and forth like this. First you climb the ladder, like this with your hands here. Then you sit like this, but don't fall off mom says she will be mad, and then you go like this and do it again."

Rylan clapped and waved (his new trick) at her, strapped in the wagon the whole time. My kid who hates to be strapped anywhere. She showed him the trees, and the driveway, and where the flowers will be, where the strawberries and poker berries are (raspberries, the thorns poke, lol) He loved every second of it. He didn't like the wagon when I was pulling them, he cried. Sometimes I swear the boy just doesn't like anyone but her.

1 comments:

Tristin Choi said...

I love this entry. I love seeing the relationship between Saige and Rylan. It makes me want to have a second kid! Saige is sooo hilarious and such a cutie! Happy birthday Rylan!! Good to know all the things he does -- a good insight into whats to come!