I can't think of one at the moment. Maybe a little bit of everything?
Rylan is moving much quicker and keeping me on my toes, lol. He mostly follows Saige to try to get whatever she has. I can't blame him, for months he was stuck sitting there while she ripped things out of his hands, now it's time to retaliate. Saige wont touch a toy for months but the second Rylan shows any interest she has to play with it RIGHT THEN. I think he is trying to say his first word Bye bye. At first I thought he was just babbling, but when he waves he clearly say baba every time. He has progressed to waving byebye with both hands while screaming bababababa. He looks at one hand and then the other waving and gets all excited looking back and forth between them. His pulling up is driving me nuts though. He still bypasses his knees. He pulls himself straight to his feet (always at an angle) and the cries or falls over. The way he pulls himself up is resulting in a lot of banging his face or falling sideways which scares the crap out him. Of course then I have to laugh at him and that makes him cry harder. I know I'm mean but I can't help it.
We (Saige) has a mini trampoline and I let her bounce in the house. It doesn't have much give, she gets no higher than bouncing on the floor, it's just quieter, lol. A few days ago it was on the floor and she came into the room talking. Rob and I were sitting here watching her as she walked across it yapping the whole time, paying no attention and walked right straight off the other side face first into the floor. She was STILL talking until she hit the floor. She wasn't hurt but it was hilarious, she started crying when we laughed at her. I wish I had it on video it was the highlight of the week. I would have sent that one to AFV, totally priceless. The girl NEVER stops talking, I see lots of trouble headed her way in school.
Yard work is really coming along... it's been SO nice this week, but they say it will be snowing this weekend :( Makes me want to cry I don't want to see anymore snow for months and months, I wouldn't complain for a long time if it never came back again. I don't dare say never I'm sure I would miss it eventually for a second or two. I love fresh snow, it's so pretty but it doesn't last it turns yucky and brown so fast.
We live where they throw sand on 4 inches in the road and them plow when there is nothing there, sparks flying. Then they complain they have to repair the roads all summer long.... it's always nice to see our tax dollar at work. Whoever said NY has four seasons winter, winter, winter and construction hit that one right on the head. I can't help but think if they used half a brain when caring for the roads how much more money there would be for other projects, and how many less road rage as a result of sitting in your car trying to get through the construction. Seriously, I live on a state road, we have lived here for three years, for three years I have watched them repave the same road in the same sections every summer. The traffic sits and sits in front of my house throwing garbage out their windows, cigarettes in the dry parched grass. People are idiots, but it's not their lawn so who cares right? And it's always the same there are 12 guys, all well paid by the state. 11 are standing around scratching themselves while one maybe two actually do something. I should apply great benefits and I would get to do far less than I do chasing around a couple kids all day.
I got a postcard the other day from the post office telling me they were sorry I wasn't home and I had a certified letter. I was home... I am always home, I waved to her from the yard that day. I put it off thinking it was nothing and finally had Rob go get it, it was obvious the mail lady wasn't getting her butt out of the car to deliver. It actually was important. Our doctor quit.
A few months ago while we were at an appointment for Rob and had the kids with us, the new guy at the practice introduced himself, said he would love to see our kids. Oneida pediatrics where we went to before was great- the billing office was anything but. Three woman and all completely incompetent. I spent hours and hours after every visit fighting over insurance... going back and forth between BCBS, the drs office, and occasionally the hospital. EVERY VISIT and hospital (lab) bill that came as a result of them. I should add afterwards I never had a problem again... never had one anywhere but there, and over the years there have been visits all over the place. Why these women have a job is beyond me, they obviously don't do it.
Anyway... we switched the kids to a family doctor, and we ourselves switched to him (same place, same nurses that Rob and I have been going since we were kids) Saige loves the guy, and I liked him a lot too. Most importantly he spoke great clear English... I am not saying anything bad but I like to completely understand my doctor when he says something. He is leaving :( After all that the letter was telling us we need to find a new dr. well Rob and I don't but the kids do. They referred us back where we came from, not surprising pediatricians aren't overly abundant here. So I called them and they were so rude. Whoever I talked to was like you were obviously unhappy if you left I had forgotten all about and just like that I remembered the bills. She said she would call back and let me know if they would allow us back. I hung up the phone and decided to go further away.
I found a place in Rome, it's a much farther drive but they seem great and I have heard great things, so I have my fingers crossed. Saige was absolutely heartbroken when I told her she yet again has a new doctor. She wants Dr O'brien and say we can go where he goes, lol. I told her I didn't know where he was going and she cried. Really cried, moaning how she will never see him again and she is just SO SAD. I knew she liked him, didn't realize she liked him that much, I feel bad. She didn't care for her old ped. I am not sure why, I think he sacred her and he had a thick accent (I was constantly asking the nurse to repeat him so I was sure about what he said), but she did like Rylan's who was a woman... so I made sure we got another female doctor this, and hopefully, last time around.

0 comments:
Post a Comment