Thursday, May 28, 2009

Why does the gross stuff always happen to ME?

Just once it would be nice if the illnesses could come when Robby was home and I could hide.

It actually started out as a pretty decent day, Rylan was good, Saige and I did some puzzles, everyone was happy. I told Saige she could have an ice cream cone if she finished all her dinner and she was doing great. I was cleaning up while she was finishing, Rylan climbed up at the table across from her and with no warning proceeded to vomit all over the table, floor, AND her dinner. She screamed and started crying that she wasn't going to get her ice cream because there was NO way she was eating that, lol. I gave her an ice cream cone and Rylan seemed perfectly fine. He went on his merry way pulling out all my clean tupperware and pots.

Then we went to Saige's room to clean out the toy box so I could move it to Rylan's room. All her stuff is rather small and it just gets lost in there and never played with and his toys are larger. I dumped it on the floor and brought in my laundry basket, we loaded all the tiny toys in the basket to put away in the organizer. Rylan was 'helping' in his Rylan way, mostly just throwing things. I took the basket and started to sort through, it was full, and put some stuff away into her organizer bin thingies. Rylan was still helping, taking all the toys from his room and bringing them in to throw in my basket, lol. Then again with no warning signs puked IN the basket on all the tiny little toys, on me, the carpet, and all over Saige's shelf full of dolls and stuffed animals. Yuck. I couldn't believe HOW much came out of that tiny little boy. I spent over an hour washing little toys (and throwing many away, shh). Cleaned the carpet and started yet another load of laundry. These things always happen on rainy days so I am forced to use my dryer. I try very hard not to operate the dryer April-Sept at all.

All was fine, I bathed the kids and hopped in the shower. Finished putting away the toys and worked on the rest of her room a little bit. Then we relaxed. Rylan was sitting with me with his head on my chest and puked again, down my shirt. I was wearing a yoga tank with the built in bra so it all just settled there. Are you wishing you were me yet? SO back to the shower I went, cleaned up and got him off to bed before starting tiny load of laundry #3. 25 minutes later he puked in his bed, changed the sheets, got him back to bed and 10 minutes later did it all again, and then again and then one more time. Load #5 is in the washer now. He's been asleep almost a half hour now, I hope it's over with. The poor little guy is exhausted, he was trying to stay awake while I changed him but was falling over in the chair the last time.

On a more positive note, the results from his hearing evaluation were finally sent out and went to Early Intervention. We have an appointment next Monday to start paperwork and see if there is a need for a speech evaluation. I am fairly certain there is and I hope she agrees so we can get moving on it if he qualifies. Which will be determined by the evaluation, and all of it is done in home. He is a very smart little boy and he does want to communicate, he tries, he really does. But, his vocabulary is very limited and while he does talk, most of his words sound the same. We can usually determine the basics, but a lot of the time we don't understand him either. He gets frustrated, we get frustrated. I am very eager for him to talk and to see if they can be of help to him and perhaps teach us how to be of more help to him.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Oh Tara! Holy crap, I'd be in tears at this point. How did you even move forward with the day and the toy sorting after cleaning up the first puke? I am good about some things, but puking is not one of them.

I wonder what's up? I hope to goodness it's a 12 hour bug and you're not doing this all night.

Tara said...

Well someone had to do it or it wouldn't get done. I really thought he was fine at that point and it was an isolated incident. Truth is if Saige wasn't there, I would have thrown all the toys straight in the trash, she probably would have never known but she was right there and I couldn't throw them out, she didn't do anything wrong.