Sunday, May 17, 2009

Why is it that lately everyday has been warm and nice except for Sundays? Soccer is not much fun when the kids are blue and you are shivering so bad you can't pay attention.

Friday was the field trip to the pizza place, the kids got to make and eat there own pizzas it was really fun. It was originally planned for Thursday and I wasn't going because other parents signed up. But Thursday was stormy and wet so they postponed it and I am assuming that some of the parents couldn't rearrange their schedules so a couple of us got last minute calls Wed afternoon asking if we could go. I'm glad, I feel bad for the parents that missed, but it was fun, more so than the fire dept, so I am glad I got to join the class.

We are having the attic re-insulated so yesterday I spent the day keeping the kids away from Rylans room (the entrance to the attic) while they drove me nuts so Rob could clean out what was up there. This is interesting, I do NOT climb, I have never been in the attic. I asked him to clean it out last summer, since it's not exactly appropriate for storage anyway. He did, or he said he did anyway. Carried down a few things and said that's all. The guy who came through and checked it out last week said "and be sure to clear out the attic" I said huh? Rob told me oh don't worry it's only a few things. He was up and down for 4 1/2 hours, got two truck loads of junk. Actual junk, old 2x4s, small pieces of left over sheetrock, ends of boards, plastic wrap from god only knows what. Basically every home improvement we have tackled upstairs and he said he took care of, ended up in the attic. To me take care of means throw it away or if it's wood, put it in the fire pit. I'm am still wondering why he would think it was easier to carry it up the ladder into the attic than put it in a garbages bags but.... Now all he has to do is fix the ceiling. That should be fun, it's directly over the stairs and approx. 18 feet high. I have no clue how he is going to get a 8x4 piece of sheetrock up there, hold it and screw it in. He knows I do not climb and have already made it quite clear that I will NOT be helping.

It wasn't all bad, I got an awesome hope chest at a garage sale, my belated birthday present. I couldn't believe we found one, in fact I avoided it thinking there was no way it was going to be affordable. Robby pointed to it though and said hey don't you want one of these? It was only $40. Not that we had $40 to just spend but I know there is NO way I will ever find one that cheap again so we did it. Actually Rob haggled with a 12 year old and got that and a corner TV stand for $40. I did end up also buying glass fish at another sale because Saige broke them.

Apparently she was on a roll, I was out side covering up my garden beds when she come on the porch crying that she broke her snow globes. She has a collection of them, it's been made clear that if she wants to play with them it is one at a time and up 'til tonight she has been good about it. Robby was three feet away in her room when she decided to pile them all up on her bed together and then I am guessing she dropped one. Of course that broke 4 of them. Mickey mouse collector ones. Water and tiny pieces of glass all over her bed and in her blankets, and glitter. Glitter everywhere, not just on the bed. All this 5 minutes before bed time. Of course she had all the blankets on the bed, she usually sleeps with one but had three all piled up for a 'nest' for the snowglobes (yup Rob was in the room for ALL of this, no he did not make any attempt to clean up or say hey bad idea). She is up there with a few baby blankets that are way to small for her, I hope she is warm enough because I am not turning the heat on, nor am I doing any more laundry today.

2 comments:

Scott Plocharczyk said...

Hmmm. Did Rob attempt to stop the young one from dropping a snowglobe?

Karen said...

Oh my. That would totally suck. And doesn't it just figure that it would get on all her blankets? I've never seen a kid puke on a pile of dirty laundry. Instead they always get the blankets or the mattress.