Saige had her first soccer game last Sunday, she did terrific. The ENTIRE family came to watch so that really boosted her ego, she even scored a goal... for the other team but hey it was a goal none the less. They don't keep score but it's pretty safe to say her team kicked some butt, lol. The coach's son is very good and got goal, after goal. One if her classmates was on the other team and she didn't quite grasp why she was so suppose to play against him, as opposed to with him. But they all had fun and that's what counts.
Monday was the class trip to the public library. I think the last one of the year, I am a bit sad, I really enjoy going with them. Of course it reminds me that the end of the school year is fast approaching and I dread it. Not that she will be home, but that it means the new school year will be here before we know it and my baby will be gone all day. On the other hand 2 years 4 months until Rylan starts school and I get a few kid free hours everyday. Of course I will wind up pregnant before and have to restart the countdown.
Today I went with her class on the field trip to the fire station. The kids liked it, they got to go in the truck and see a fireman in all his gear. He had come to school to talk about fire safety with them a while back but it was a great way to reinforce it and learn about all the equipment and what a fireman all geared up really looks like to maybe ease some fears god-forbid any of them ever need one. Saige was really disappointed that was no pole like on TV, lol.
Tonight was soccer practice, we went early so the kids could play on the playground. This is at the elementary school, no one of the elementary school, Pre-K, K, and 1st, that's all. I think older kids should be banned. I was so freaking mad I could have killed an entire group of preteens and dragged them home to there parents dead. First their mouths, I admit I swear way more than I should but the crap that was coming from them around a dozen kids 6 and younger was just disgusting. Then they decided to chase each other around on the structures, yelling, screaming, swearing and pushing kids out of their way.
They pushed him out of there way and knocked Rylan down the big slide, sideways and upside down. The side of his face is bruised, where it isn't red and lumpy. Insert me taking a few breathes because I am pissed all over just remembering it.
Not so much as a sorry, but I think the next time they came around they realized by my face that if anyone of them came near either one of my kids again they would need the cops. They took off, to the soccer game with older kids... most of their parents were over there oblivious to the assholes they spawned. I KNOW everyone of them heard Rylan screaming, looked over and saw them running around with total disregard for the little kids... you know the ones the playground is for, and not a one got up and told their kids to knock it off. I'm not sure who to talk to about it but I will be asking when I go to school tomorrow for Kindergarten screening with Saige. I think if they can't act human or even remotely respectful they need to go elsewhere.

2 comments:
Oh man would I ever raise Hell if that happened to us. Quinn got knocked down by some Jr. High kids at one of our school's events, but that was because he tried to get out on the basketball court with them mid-game. He slipped past me and before I could grab him, he'd been bumped. But even though it was in the middle school gym, the boys stopped playing a moment and asked if he was OK. It wasn't their fault and they still took the time to ask. I can't imagine how I'd have felt if they'd been on the little kids' playground and then didn't bother to be careful or even care if they hurt a toddler. I'm pissed for him just thinking of it!
You should've opened up a can of whoop ass on those kids. Those parents probably wouldn't have mind.
Post a Comment