Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter pictures

In no particular order. It was COLD out. Saige is on vacation this week and (knock on wood) it has been terrific weather wise, 60's and perfect. We've been busy outside enjoying it while it lasts. Anyway back to Easter, the kids each got three baskets and three egg hunts. Well Saige had four if you count the one my SIL took her to on Saturday. There is absolutely no doubt they are beyond spoiled, and I swear most of it does NOT come from us. Saige was thrilled with her magnifying glass, it was all she wanted so she could be a Science Kid, lol.

They both had a blast, Rylan had no interest in the eggs at home (where the Easter bunny hid them INSIDE because it was flipping freezing out there, lol) but did pick up 3 at MILs. By the time we got to my moms Rob and I were sufficiently frozen so they went out with my dad and we watched from the windows. Okay I watched from the window, Rob passed out on the couch, did I mention they were up at the ungodly hour of 6:30? Rylan did get one and chased around Saige who had the basket but she wasn't sharing, he finally tired of trying to put it in and threw it at her.

There is enough candy to last 50 kids a lifetime here. I left them a couple and put the rest in the freezer to stuff in Saige's pinata she wants for her birthday party, so I can make everyone else take it home. I told Saige she could have one piece a day but she has forgotten the last two. That's a plus.

I am starting a countdown. 2 years and 5 1/2 months and counting until Rylan starts school. I love him dearly but I think I am ready to send him for a couple hours a day. Think I could get away with claiming he is just short for his age and doctoring the birth certificate?

I made the mistake of taking him to Walgreens with me last week for what should have been a 5 minute trip, to pick up Saige's picture with the Easter bunny it took almost 45. He is at an age where he no longer wants to ride in the cart. He much prefers to walk and rip everything off the shelves and scream when I tell him no and put it back. Then he moves on to the next thing and it's a viscous cycle. If you have been to Walgreens you know that their carts are not exactly safe for kids who want to fight their way out with all their might and my dearest hubby an over his stroller or something, I really don't know he ran it over but either way it's mangled. So I am left with the choice of him jumping out on his head or letting him walk. I could carry him but he is rotten and I can only handle so many kicks and his head with should be classified as a dangerous weapon. Normally I would have picked him up and just left but Walgreens is a 35 minute drive one way and it really would not have been fair to the child who was behaving and wanted her Easter bunny picture in bad way. She even cleaned her room that morning all on her own and came and got me and said mommy can I now PLEASE have my Easter bunny picture, pretty pretty Please? Needless to say his little heiney will be sitting home with daddy while I shop for a long time coming.









2 comments:

Karen said...

Ooooh. I know he's rotten. I believe you. I really do. But he is sooooo pretty. Those are great pics. I'll have to show Zoe tomorrow.

mckait said...

They ARE cute! Sounds like you have your hands full.... this is why babies come to young people.. more energy!

Take care