Saturday, February 14, 2009

The do not call list is a crock

Here it is, not yet noon on a Saturday, I have already gotten a call informing me for time #896 that this is my LAST chance to lower my interest rates now. I would love to turn these people in but the second you ask for a name or a legitimate phone number they hang up on you. It's been months of this at least a few times a week. Can't help but wonder how many people actually fall for this and give over their CC#'s. I do hope that if there is a hell, that there is a special place for these people.

AND we just got yet another call from the NRA. I'm not sure what kind of idiots operate the phones over there but I have repeatedly asked to be taken off their call list. I asked again this morning, the lady said 'oh I am sorry, I wasn't aware you had asked to be removed, it takes 6- 8 weeks but you shouldn't hear from us again". Sweet, except they told me the same thing at least a dozen times back in Oct when I politely, and not so politely asked them to stop calling me. I thought we were good after the election, the vultures finally stopped but we got one a couple weeks ago and again today. Perhaps they do not know what DO NOT CALL me means.

The funny thing is the spiel went on about the awful Democrats and the stimulus plan and how it will all affect me. That I find funny, not that I am in any way in support of the stimulus but it's funny no one was bitching the first round where they basically took our money and gave it to the rich guys that drove the banks into the ground so they could go on vacations and get bonuses. This one is not much better, it no doubt will fund lots of welfare abuse and those who don't even work but at least it isn't all stealing from the poor to give to the rich.

Shouldn't these groups be included on the do not call list? They call soliciting donations, I am not sure how that is any different then the guy trying to sell me windows? He doesn't call anymore, but he was preferable. I don't give money to PETA, or the ASPCA or the NRA or any other whack job organization of the sort. Although I have to say at least the first two just stick to mailings, easy enough to burn. No waking the baby or listening to some BS for 10 minutes while I wait to ask again in vain not to be called.

1 comments:

Scott Plocharczyk said...

I was a telemarketer for six years. We had a code to type in for do not call or remove. All it did was stop calling people for a couple months.

Organizations like the NRA can solicit because they are non profit. When they call again calmly ask for a supervisor. Give your request and politely interject that a lawyer will be calling if you are contacted again.

Remember, if you're pissy to them you will be ignored. I always listened but my hands were tied.