Friday, March 7, 2008

What a waste of money

Not really about my kids but I can't help myself.

I have been so calm lately, due mostly to the fact that I stopped reading the news... I know bad me but when I do I just get pissed off.

In May there will be checks coming to millions of Americans. Supposedly borrowing billions of dollars from another country to give back to us taxpayers is going to make a huge difference in our increasingly more sad economy. Yeah Right.

Anyway is there any American out there who has not yet heard all this? maybe six of those millions. This morning I read that the government is going o be mailing out a letter to all of these people telling them that their check will be coming. The cost for mailing these letters (which are separate from the checks) is 42 MILLION dollars. How stupid is that- why are they doing this- in case you live under a rock, don't watch TV or read a paper, or have any contact with outside world, and haven't heard about the "stimulus package" and so you don't call and ask the IRS. God forbid the people who live of our taxes actually work.

I wonder how many hungry children could be fed for 42 million dollars?
I wonder how many kids could see a doctor for 42 million dollars?
I wonder how many schools could benefit from 42 million dollars?
How many people still living in trailers after Katrina could be helped with 42 million dollars?
Or how many dying rescue workers from 911 with no health care could be treated with 42 million dollar?
How many forgotten soldiers could be helped with 42 million dollars

Not that any of it would save the world but it sure sounds better than 42 million on paper. We will get this refund but it will go towards bills not to buy a plasma tv. I don't see how adding more to the outrageous national debt is going to help us in anyway what so ever. How about doing something about oil prices. I would much rather afford to heat my house put gas in the tank and still have something left over than a one time piddly rebate of money they already took from me in taxes.

0 comments: