Last year (had to post this since I started the blog late, lol) the bunny brought Saige the Whack a Mole game. I couldn't resist, she saw the commercial one day and came flying into the kitchen going "mommy, mommy, I wanna whack a ho for my birthday" She was quite capable of saying mole, but apparently she heard ho when she was watching the commercial and there was no convincing her otherwise. It was funny to hear say she wants to whack a ho so we asked over and over again, what she wanted, always the same answer, lol.
This year, I'm not sure what I, I mean that damn bunny was thinking, but he brought her a baby alive doll. It pees! and it cries (because there isn't enough of that already here). Now I have to make some diapers for the doll because I'll be damned if I'm going to buy diapers for a doll when I don't buy them for the living breathing baby. She carried it with her all day, and feed it enough water for 35 dolls, she was sure to demonstrate to EVERYONE how it pees. It was pretty funny, she wanted everyone to see, so she took off it's diaper so they could watch.... sure enough, it "peed" on her every time. Every time she got up and took off running like she had no idea that would happen. Every time I had to tell her- it's just a doll and it's only water, and no it doesn't stink, and it would dry no need to change her dress, lol. Despite all the time without a diaper, the doll still went through 8 diapers... the mean mom I am made her let them dry instead of throwing them away- because I'm cheap, lol.
All in all a good choice, she's still playing with it today, she is currently "feeding" it with her brothers empty baby food jar and spoon. She's been pushing it in her doll stroller, and swinging it in her doll swing. She want to know if she feeds it, will it poop, lol. I didn't want to spend hours trying to get peas out of the doll so I told her she was allergic to all food, lol. Saige's eyes got really big and she says "oh I wont never feed her then" Here's hoping her daddy doesn't help her change her mind. 
Rylan sat quietly and watched Saige run around like a mad girl looking for the eggs, he slowly tilted farther and farther over and by the last egg here he was. Believe it or not the giant baby is wearing 12 months clothes and they are still to short. If he didn't look so much like his daddy, I would be sure they gave us the wrong baby, he's going to be taller than mom and dad before he's 8.
He was amazingly well behaved ALL day, and he's napping now ( I sure hope he's not sick) I don't think he cried a single time, with the exception of reaching for Saige's doll and she shoved him over backwards and he bumped his head, but he got over it quickly. We need to work on sharing, but just with Rylan, anyone else she is happy to share with. Now I'm thinking hard.... a whole day with no crying, I'm pretty sure that is a first! WOOHOO!!!
Poor little guy had an Easter basket full of spoons and cups, the bunny did order him a gift from walmart.com but mommy didn't get the pickup notice until this morning, the order was placed over 3 weeks ago, I should have just paid for shipping, the two things I ordered that didn't do site to store were here in 3 days. I'm not sure where Sharon Springs NY is but the rest of my order arrived there over a week ago. Apparently from taht point someone was walking it to the store in Rome. I knew Rylan wouldn't care, and he would have 2 more baskets... I was afraid Saige would notice and wonder why she got more than him (like she did at Christmas) but she was so obsessed with doll she didn't even look at his basket other than to tell me he got a bag of Robin's eggs (how did he know they were MY favorite?) and he's too little for candy.

Why does everyone else get candy, and all I get are my fingers?His fingers are disturbing- he chews on them until they are red and scabby, and sometimes bleed. I don't get it- it has to hurt! Oh well at least he isn't biting anyone else- yet. All together I think they got enough candy between them to feed an entire third world country, mommy stuck 95% into a bag this morning and sent it to work with Robby to share, better them than my kids. I'm sure there will be some wives hating me tonight. There were TWO huge bowls filled with candy at the end of the night, made our Halloween haul look like a snack.
Saige was WIRED all day, but very well behaved until bedtime when she had to take off her dress with the bunny butts on it. That turned into a complete meltdown... daddy was trying to be helpful I heard her screaming and ran upstairs ready to yell at him. This time it wasn't him provoking her (yes, I am raising THREE kids) I finally wrestled her out of the dress and the tights that were caked with mud form playing football with the boys. She screamed like I was pulling her fingernails out with pliers, I told her to finish her tantrum and then come brush her teeth if she ever wanted to eat another piece of candy before her 18th birthday. I wasn't at the bottom of the steps before she was done and coming to brush. Daddy doesn't walk away... she will keep going as long as she has an audience, I just walk away. The tantrums end really quickly when she is ignored, but as much as I tell him that he still chooses to try to reason with screaming, red faced, snot nosed 3 year old. I think he's nuts.
The neighbors had to have heard her- I bet they think we beat our kids... we don't, there sure are days we would like too, but, truth is Saige has spanked maybe twice, and not since she's been out of diapers. Now if Rylan had some hair the temptation to tug his back so he knew what it felt like when he rips mine out by the handful might win out over the constant unraveling of it from his hand and saying no and the bald spots that are left on my head.
It's looking like spring outside but still too cold to enjoy the outdoors for more than a few minutes at a time. We are all eager to get out there. I want to rake (actually started to around the piles melting snow Sat morning) - if that is any indication of how sick I am of being trapped in here. Saige has just walked by me twice with a bowl full of water, and of course she is doing nuffin with it so.....

1 comments:
Gotta get that Whack a Ho toy for Tristin too. LOL. Rylan is such a cutie for being such a good boy! Tristin likes to stick his fist into his mouth also...no bleeding yet but sometimes he'll vomit up all his milk because he basically did the bulimic stick-your-finger-in-your mouth thing. Happy easter!!!
Post a Comment