Last night my dad brought Saige home, it was almost 9 and she wanted to come home. That NEVER happens, I asked her why she didn't want to stay at grammies, she said I only want to sleep there some days. Okay.
She must have been eating junk all day long, she was wound right up and my child who starts asking to go to bed around 7 was showing no sign of going to sleep in the near future at 9:30. So I let her go in RJ's room and watch Spongebob (is it me or is that show on one channel or another 24 hrs a day?) on the condition she tried to sleep. As I was settling her in her sleeping bag I asked why she wanted to come home. I was fully expecting an answer along the lines of grammie was mean to me and only let me have 30 pieces of candy. Instead she says I missed you mommy and wanted you to put me night night. Awww and she was asleep by 10.
Of course this morning her first question to me was could she have candy. I told her no we don't eat candy for breakfast here, and for mommy's sanity we don't eat much candy at all. She wanted to go back to grammies.
Cooler heads prevailed on canceling Dish Network. I came to my senses and realized there is just NO way I can live without the DVR. I let Robby think it's because he likes the science channel but truth is there is no one else to switch to besides cable and I have to stay if I want my DVR. But at least this way when I get pissed at them again I can yell at him and tell him HE was the one who wanted to keep it.
Although I am ready to quit watching tv. It seems like they cancel all the shows I watch. I hate investing the time to watch an entire season of a show just to have it pulled, especially when it's one Rob and I BOTH like. Jericho, I was so ticked when they canceled it last season... just to bring it back due to demand. We were thrilled when it came back. Now they say there just isn't enough people watching it and they canceled it AGAIN.
I suppose I should be thankful that "real" tv is back on..... I HATE reality tv. I have never seen dancing with the stars, or the bachelor, or American idol. You couldn't pay me to watch a bunch of pathetic women so desperate for a man that will compete on national television for one they haven't met before. maybe it's just me but gaining a husband shouldn't be a game show grand prize. So yet again, I am going to make an effort ( I failed miserably last year) this fall to NOT watch any new drama shows... in the event I might enjoy them and they will go away. Sooner or later all the shows I already watch will die off and I'll be free of the tv curse.

1 comments:
Sauge is so sweet, mind you i hate when kids stay up late for no reason (Becs was 10.30 before she passed out last night and its normally 7)
I totally love my DVDr to , hopelessly addicted. Totally helps for those midnight feedings as i always have something to watch
Post a Comment