Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It's done

Rylan got his tubes this morning, it really did take less than 5 minutes and we were on our way home 45 minutes later. He doesn't seem to be bothered in the slightest, he was whiny at the hospital but that was because he was EXTREMELY unhappy with the name band they made him wear on his leg. He screamed and reached for us the whole way down the hall when they took him, by the time we got seated in the waiting room they called and said it was over and to go back to his room. We heard him coming back as soon as he reached the floor, lol.

We were given drops for his ears and warned they were painful and he would scream cry and possibly bleed from his ears. I was not looking forward to putting them in but I did. He didn't like it but came back and laid his head down for the other side, I bribed him with his amoxicillin, he likes that stuff. Thankfully there was no blood. He also has to wear ear plugs in the tub for the foreseeable future. I skipped his bath tonight, while he seemed fine I didn't want to put plugs in, they have to be a little sore and I was scared. He was such a good boy for the entire day, even went to bed happy a couple minutes ago. I know better than get my hopes too far up on an attitude change but maybe just maybe.........

I know it's most likely a coincidence or perhaps my imagination, but he was talking clearer already. Nothing major but he played peek a boo with me and was yelling boo- instead of his usual ah.... the phone rang he usually screams ahh at that too, he did and I said the phone is ringing.... he said pone? pone? This one I have heard before but not lately. Oh and too (toe). He was eager to read his books and kept pointing at the pictures wanting me to tell him what things were, he usually has no interest in anyone talking while he looks at them. I'm probably reading too much into it, after all it's only been 12 hours but so far I am thrilled with the results.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Tara, that's the most wonderful news! I'm so thrilled for you and for him. Congratulations!

maidto5 said...

That is just amazing Tara!! I am so thrilled!!