Sunday, December 7, 2008

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye

We got our Christmas tree up, Rob and Saige picked it out yesterday before he went to work. That means I had approximately 8 straight hours of moooom can we pleeeease decorate the tree now? The tree was outside, the stand nowhere to be found. I am allergic and touching them gives me an itchy blistery rash, so there was NO way I was bringing it in. I explained at least 12,000 times that we would do it tomorrow together, with daddy and when the tree was indoors. Shortly after 6 this morning I rolled over and opened my eyes to see her standing inches from my face "mom can we decorate the tree now?" We held her off until 7:30 and then got up. Robby brought it in and we told her we were leaving but we decorate as soon as we got home, it needed a chance to warm up before we could do anything.

While we were gone she got a fever, no doubt being tired made her feel worse, but she still begged to go home and decorate the tree. So we did. I was suppose to do my drugstore shopping but the roads were bad, I crossed my fingers that we had tylenol at home (we did, so I saved 6 bucks). Unfortunately around here if you don't shop on Sunday the good deals will be all gone. Rite Aid is the worst, I swear they have big sales and order two of product for the week. They may stash more in the back, but ask someone to check for you and you'd think you asked them to move the Earth.

On to the tree, first thing I figured we needed was to put a blanket under it so if the bulbs fell they wouldn't shatter on the hard floor. I don't have to explain how I know this will happen, my dwindling collection says it all. I grabbed the blanket, bent down to put it under the tree and shoved my eye right into the tip of a branch. OUCH. It still hurts hours later. SO I hopped around whining about my poor eye for a good half hour.

Finally I recovered enough to get the tote with the ornaments. Rylan was so excited, as soon as the top came off he picked up Robby's favorite childhood ornament and threw it at the floor and squealed with delight as it broke in pieces. He takes such delight in being naughty. We skipped the lights after debating on whether or not Lola chewing through them while plugged in might teach her a lesson on chewing anything and everything. BUT we did get it done, by that time Saige was feeling worse so it got done in spurts while she rested between. Poor kid can't catch a break but she is determined. There is a large concentration of ornaments at waist level.

The last few hours of the night were/are being spent keeping the duo of destruction (Rylan and Lola) away from the tree. Is it Dec 26th yet?

1 comments:

Amnesty said...

LMAO! Serves you right for getting a big puppy when you have a toddler!
Our tree has a lot of waist level ornaments too.
I hope Saige is feeling better now!