Thursday, September 4, 2008

First day of school


Well it's over.....
and I survived. In fact I barely cried at all. We offered to take her for the first day but I think she was looking forward to riding the school bus even more than she was looking forward to school. She had no second thoughts. Of course I didn't want her to be nervous or even worse cry that she didn't want to go, but, she didn't even wave bye. LOL The bus pulled up and she ran right up and hopped on without so much as a backward glance. We went grocery shopping while she was gone and Robby insisted on driving by the school a couple times. Not sure what we were looking for, it looked like a school.

We were a bit nervous, school starts at 8:40 and the bus didn't come until 8:35. We were beginning to think they forget her, but the driver assured us it would be earlier tomorrow. AM pre-K lets out at 11:10 and she didn't get home until 12:30. I was REALLY nervous, I kept thinking they must have left her somewhere else. I was about to cry and call the school when it finally came. That bus driver didn't say much of anything. I really hope it's a first day fluke, that is a long time to be on the bus. If not, it looks like we will have to start going to pick her up. Robby leaves for work shortly after 1 and he wants at least a little bit of time with her, the school is only 10 minutes away.

She was happy to see me when she got off the bus and when I asked about her day and what she did, she said they read a caterpillar book and made a train. That was it, no amount of persuasion could get anything else from her. She did say she liked it, well except for the getting up early part (lol- I hate that part too) and can't wait until tomorrow. I asked if she made any new friends and she said no because everyone in the world is already her friend but now she knows what they look like.

1 comments:

Amnesty said...

I love that everyone is her friend, but now she knows what they look like! That is SO cute!
I'm glad she had a good first day and that you made it through ok :)