Monday, September 22, 2008

cranky

I finally got a night to myself, my parents took the kids Saturday night. I was and still am semi sick... I feel crappy but more annoying than anything else. . I did absolutely nothing, I considered cleaning the house, but instead I took a LONG bath, played online, took a nap and read a book. I had Zailor Friday night and his mom promised some of the money she owed me and then I never heard back from her, grrr, so that added to my crankiness and it hasn't gone away yet. Every morning I am reminded that winter is getting closer and we are going to have to turn on the heat. I really, really, really do not want to do that. I'll have us all in 10 layers and wait until the pipes are about to freeze if I can, lol. The fuel oil bill scares the hell out of me. I am starting to miss my DVR. I am missing Two and a Half Men because there is no signal. Every other channel is coming in perfectly (have I mentioned I love these digital converter boxes?) but CBS is completely black. I have just have luck like that. Boston Legal starts at 10 and I LOVE that show so I fully expect that CBS will suddenly be back and ABC will disappear.

Rylan is teething..... still. I swear this kid has been teething forever we are up to 8 teeth now. Will it ever end? Oh Apparently he really likes apples, a lot. I think maybe he liked apples a bit too much because his diapers are nasty and his poor little hiney is practically bleeding. I'm sure being in real diapers added to it as well. Desitin has not done much to improve his mood, it's really his first rash and he is less than thrilled, lol. He screamed bloody murder when he stole an apple of the counter and I took it away... I think he has had enough, lol. He has one hell of a temper, he slaps whatever is closest when he gets mad, and if there is nothing close he runs with his arm over his head to something he can hit. If he is sitting on the floor doing something he isn't suppose to to and you tell him no, he scrunches his face and slaps the floor. He seems to get over it rather quickly. I know it doesn't help that I laugh at him but it's just funny to watch him.

He tortures Saige (and me) with the TV. We will be watching Word World and he will push buttons. I have a pepsi cap duct taped over the power button. So he moved on to the volume and the channels, I duct taped the door down. He pries it off and turns it on and off all day long. So I had Robby put it all on a power strip so I can just shut off the power completely. He gets so mad... he pried off my cap and gets super mad when the power button doesn't do anything. The first time he threw himself down and had an emmy worthy tantrum kicking and screaming, a minute later he got back up and tried again... it still didn't work, he went back and forth between trying the tv and having a tantrum for a good 45 mins. It's certainly fair to say he is determined.

He hasn't added any new words at all, I don't know if I should be worried or not. He understands just about everything, he will point or do what we ask him but he doesn't talk and when he does it's all babble other than a handful of words and they are almost all B words. He doesn't call me mama or Robby dada. He knows what we are saying but wont say them back. He will occasionally say mama but not to me... if that makes sense. He calls Saige C. She was talking up a storm at his age and I know I shouldn't compare but I can't help it.

Saige is loving school... but she does nothing there. Everyday she gets up all happy to go back and do nothing again and again. She has however finally learned the names of two of the kids in her class. Just two, Sophie and Jacob. Last week she was a bit upset that she will have a substitute while her teacher is on maternity leave. She seems better now that she has meet the sub but she was very sad and told me she wants to see the baby and is afraid her teacher wont like her as much after the baby comes and wont want to come back to school. I asked her if she thought I liked her as much as I did before Rylan and she said yes and was a bit happier after contemplating it for a couple minutes. Of course I have to say, I would hate to be a teacher and have my very first baby. Saige came home sick the very first week.... I think a new mom would go nuts. On the other hand the baby will be super healthy and immune to everything before he/she even gets close to school age, lol. I am sure once she has the sub she will be perfectly fine... I hope so anyway. Maternity leave will fee like an eternity to a bunch of 4 year olds.

On a funny note, we were playing outside today and out of nowhere Saige asked me to come closer, she had a secret. So I got really close, she hugged me and said with the most serious look on her face Mommy, in 6 months I am going to turn into a stuffed animal. I laughed and asked her why she would want to do that. She told me it was because she is really a stuffed animal fairy pretending to be a little girl and she is only a little girl because she waved her magic wand but it only works every 6 months. To think I went through pregnancy and labor and all she had to do was wave a wand to get here.

0 comments: