I just watched the presidential address on the bail out. I'm still not convinced.... I see this leading to the rich and greedy just becoming more so. I can understand to a point but it pisses me off beyond belief that they say universal healthcare is too socialist but this is okay? So it's not okay to help a sick poor child, but god forbid the rich might lose a few bucks. I paid attention when I bought my house, I educated myself on the terms, I have been responsible and now I have to pay for the idiots that weren't? I think they should lose their homes, maybe the lenders were shady but seriously what kind of moron thinks they can afford a 300,000 house when they make 20, 000 a year. If you bought a home while rates were really low... is it not common sense that they will most likely go up? Stupid, stupid people. So now the burden falls on me and the rest of us who were responsible? AND they want there to be no oversight? um very, very scary. Not surprising though.
Why aren't the people getting rich off of these loans, the one getting severance packages larger than what we will make in a lifetime forced to pay up? It was their greed that got us in this mess. I see NO good side to any of this. So Bush says we have to do this or we will be in a recession.... many of us think we are already there. Heating costs are expected to be 30% higher this year... I have to figure out how to afford that and now I have to help pay for greedy stupid people too. Ugh
Anyway... there are rumors that the North Korean dictator Kim Jung Il has been dead for years and what we see is a body double. This whole idea of body doubles is fascinating, it would make a good movie. Watching the address, I am wondering if maybe we have the same thing? Is George Bush dead and we are watching a double? I can't say exactly when the change took place but the last few times I have watched/listened to him he is different. Suddenly he can read a teleprompter, and speak in complete sentences and there is a mysterious lack of UMs. Of course I realize that is a bit far fetched but hey ya never know, lol. Why would that happen when we have a VP? Maybe because the only thing scarier than Bush is Cheney... with the exception of maybe Sarah Palin. I posed my theory to my brother who informed me that I don't give him enough credit, he did after all graduate college. I am of course aware of this, in fact he single handedly made me feel better that my kids wont be missing much since it is highly unlikely we will be able to afford to send them to Ivy League schools. No I don't really think GWB is dead but after all these painful speeches, press conferences and addresses I have listen to over the years, I have to wonder where the hell was this guy who can talk for the last 7 years.

0 comments:
Post a Comment