Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My garden

I have to say how much I love my husband and how thankful I am he built me boxes for my gardens. The cool summer has been helpful in prolonging some of it too. We are doing great considering the really late start we got. Everything I planted ahead and transplanted died and we had to start from scratch. But WE are the ones eating what we get not the wildlife.

We've been eating fresh lettuce for the last 6 weeks and my broccoli is getting done now too. The kids LOVE it. We had pizza and raw broccoli for dinner and most of their pizza went to the dogs but they were begging for more little trees. It was actually cute. Rylan likes the tops and Saige likes the stalks so it works out nicely and no waste, lol.

No tomatoes yet but the plants are getting huge. Sadly my cucumbers didn't do so hot but there is always next year. I'm going to have him make me a couple more boxes and since they will already be there I'll be able to the early stuff in the ground on time for a change.

0 comments: