Friday, December 12, 2008

As suspected, I have thought of another 100 things about me far more interesting than what I came up with for a post. I'll save them so I can forget them all on the spot next time. On a good note.... there are at least a few people out there who keep up on my madness. I was going to tag Chelle too but I wasn't sure if she'd do it or not. Karen got her though, so we'll see. BTW If you don't read her blog you should, and if you don't laugh, you don't have a sense of humor.

Saige has been showing off her creative side this week. This is her coloring contest picture from the paper, I think she did a terrific job (bias aside, lol) I went to mail it in and realized it said all entries must be received by Dec, 4th....... it was the Sun Dec 7th paper????


Yesterday I went to school for the gingerbread house project. I wish I had brought the camera, I did not realize I was allowed to take pictures in the classroom. I got a few fuzzy ones on the cellphone, but I have no cord to transfer them off and my mother would probably murder me if I sent them all to myself. If it wasn't for her we would have no cell phone at all- I hate phones, especially ones that cut out every other word but it has come in handy more than a few times. Sooner or later I will have to figure something out, there are over a 150 pictures on there that I want and the phone itself has seen better days. It had crappy reception to begin with but now the antenna is broken and the phone itself rattles if you shake it. I can't complain though, we have had it for like three years and 99.9% of the time it is in Rob's possession so I am just amazed it works at all, heck, I am amazed he hasn't lost it. Well, he has lost it a million times but not permanently, yet.

Anyway.... back to the gingerbread houses, it was so much fun. She had a blast, and I had a blast too. I helped with the frosting but let her do all the decorating. I think she was decorating from an eating standpoint as opposed to design but there were no bad ones. All the kids loved it.... I can't wait for Rylan's turn. I gave her the option of taking me, daddy or gramma (but I crossed my fingers it would be me) but now that I have done it... I wont be telling Rylan he has a choice of helpers, lol.

I've gone on walks to the library with her class a couple times too, it is always fun. Before school started I dreaded having to do this kind of thing, I am SO glad I did it anyway though. The thought of being really outnumbered by eighteen 4 year olds was a bit intimidating but it's great, plus it is nice to see how she interacts with her friends. She has two best friends, Caitlyn and Jacob but says she still like Rylan best......I wonder how much longer that will last. Here's the finished product at home before too much was picked off, there isn't much left today.

On to the little guy. Tuesday we went to the doctor, turns out he HAS an ear infection.... I am feeling like the worse mom in the world. I had NO idea, and wonder how many he has had that I have not noticed or shrugged off as teething. My poor baby. He is teething though, the top two molars have finally poked through and one bottom one has broken the surface. We got a referral to an ENT... who gave us an appointment the week after Christmas. I called, explained the insurance situation and begged them to make it sooner, I was willing to go on short notice if there was a cancellation. It was a no go because the doc is already on vacation and has a full surgery schedule well into January.

I know the Ped suggested him because he was close by but we currently have a PPO so I do not need a referral. I found another that saw us this morning, he comes highly recommended and Rylan actually seemed to like him. Although that could have something to do with the lollipop he gave him- his first. He said there was still definitely fluid build up on both sides, Rylan will getting tubes put in Tuesday. He says we will be out of the hospital in less than an hour.... it takes longer than that to get there.

When we got home there was a message from another hospital... the Ped referred him for a speech evaluation. That is the last week of Feb, that's a long drive too, I was hoping we could manage to get it the same day as his hearing eval (same hospital) after the tubes, but I imagine the dr will want him to have that sooner than the end of Feb. For now I am choosing optimism and maybe the speech evaluation wont be necessary. We will take him anyway but I hope this helps and he starts talking again. Not that he doesn't talk but it's hit and miss.... I have learned not to correct him, I think it confuses him. If he calls the puppy a yuppie and I say puppy he will stop saying it at all, if I say nothing he will scream yuppie yuppie yuppie. He says yuppie, yowgie (doggy) Saige (hage) and dink (drink), I have not heard any of his previous words at all and his pronunciation of those four varies at times too. Saige and I are the only ones who can interrupt him at all.

On a lighter note, isn't he such a pretty princess? Before you shake your heads or send me nasty emails.... he did it himself, it took a while but he did it. But, in all honesty I am fine with him playing princess dress up, or with dollies and daddy is okay with it too. I have a great husband in that regard (and most others), if the clothes were big enough I would not be in the least surprised to see dad playing princess right along with them.

6 comments:

Amnesty said...

Aw, Rylan is a beautiful princess!

Karen said...

Oh he's so cute! I'm happy you let him play. I never understood why people resist the idea.

Anonymous said...

A very pretty princess (i so plan to dress my son up with the girls all the time and take pictures, mean mum i am).

Im sorry about the hearing and tubes but i hope it helps , these things are never easy.
I think your doing the right thing on not correcting, Rebecca has been getting the speech therapy and the teacher does not recommend us correcting her pronunciation just now - wants to build on the vocabulary first.

mckait said...

I hope his procedure is speedy and free from any issues. He sure is a cutie :)

A very Merry and Blessed Christmas to all of you, and thank you for continuing to visit :)

hugs
k

maidto5 said...

of course I did it. LOL it was harder than those questionaire emails I get though! But I always get a kick out of them!

and Saiges house looks beautiful!! Rylan, not so beattiful, but definaty cute :)

maidto5 said...

oh and thank you for the plug! :)