Monday, September 15, 2008

snow day?




There's no snow but Saige didn't have school today. There was a two hour delay, so no school for AM Pre-K. There was a nasty wind storm last night, the yard is covered in still green leaves and twigs. On the plus side there has been a branch stuck in a tree out there for years that we didn't quite know how to get it out.... the wind took care of it. I think maybe that was Ike for us. Amazing how destructive it was on the coast and by the time we saw it, there was a couple sprinkles and some downed trees, we didn't even lose power. A lot of people around us did but ours didn't even blink. PLUS I got to sleep in 3 days in a row!!

Anyway Saige was all excited for school today, excited enough to go to bed at 7:30 last night so it would be here sooner, lol. I had a heck of a time explaining to her why it closed and why daddy told her it was a snow day but we had no snow. I probably would have described it the same... almost all closed days and delays are snow related around here.

The monsters have been keeping me busy... no Zailor today, Rylan is napping and Saige is watching Charlotte's Web for thr 7000th time. It is oddly quiet (knock on wood) Good TV starts this week!!!! I am excited, new House on Tuesday. I have been waiting all summer long.... I am a TV junkie. I haven't missed Dish Network at all this summer but now that it's fall- I think I will start to miss my DVR real soon. I have to find out what I can do... maybe a DVD burner? I'm pretty sure with tivo or DVR I have to pay for the service and that would defeat the purpose of the free digital tv that I bought the converter box for. It would be nice to watch the actual TV at some pint but I have a feeling I'll be watching almost everything online.... Robby is at work when all the good stuff is on so he can't watch it live.

0 comments: