Friday, September 5, 2008

Already?

Two days of school and she is already coughing and her eyes are all gunky, not pink eye gunky just lots of extra eye bugers. I knew that having not really been around too many kids, that she would no doubt get sick plenty but I didn't think it would happen so soon. She doesn't much care though, Derik (who started 4th grade- man I am getting old) is here for the weekend and she is on cloud nine. For the longest time she thought he was her brother, she loves Derik. Apparently he is pretty popular, Zailor is here too. He ran straight to Derik to hug him and didn't so much as whine when his mommy left, that is highly unusual. He got whiny shortly there after and went to bed. It's after 8- It's MY time. Any sign of whining from any of them after 8 pm means a one way ticket to bed.

Saige enjoyed day two of school even more, and surprisingly is very excepting that she will not go tomorrow. We bought her an alarm clock yesterday when we went to Walmart and she was thrilled when it went off this morning. Too bad I do not share that enthusiasm for my own :) She was up a bit before it playing quietly in her bed and when it started beeping she was jumping up and down yelling "mommy the clock is yelling, the clock is yelling, it must be morning, I am going to get on the bus now".... in her underwear.

On a sad note our last gold fishy finally died, he has been getting worse and worse. It wasn't the cat- it was that ugly SOB sucker fish, it ripped the poor goldfish to shreds and it just couldn't take anymore. Rob said no we couldn't flush that one too, if I wasn't afraid of it, I would flush it myself. I have weird fear of fish.... all non-goldfish fish anyway.Poor goldfish (who ironically was dark gray) never hurt no one :( and we had him for years, before we were married. I guess though, without the goldfish it is highly likely the nasty sucker thing will starve to death.

0 comments: